Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NAB 2014: AJA Debuts CION: 4K/UHD/HFR/12-bit 444 Professional Camera (video)
    Exclamation
    AJA Video Systems today announced CION, an entirely new professional camera capable of shooting at 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD resolutions offering in-camera recording directly to the Apple ProRes family of codecs - including 12-bit 444 and offers the ability to output 4K raw data at up to 120 fps via 4x 3G-SDI outputs.

Momentum: AJA Debuts CION (video)

2. Collapse Details
    its really not that bad for the price point.

3. Collapse Details
    Thats the great, fantastic !

Internal SSD recording ? yess
    Prores, 12bit and 4444, oaaoowwww
    4k60p at default internal recorder, yesss
    Optional 120 at 4K, yiaaaaaaaa
    Portable design, yes

It look like the phantom, maybe a join or colaboration

At sub 9K, good

4. Collapse Details
    This camera looks sweet and pro at the same time…however there are a couple of things that bother me…
    1. no integrated ND filters….big minus
    2. only pl mount….an option for canon or nikon lenses would be great
    3. 120fps in 4k only via 3g-sdi (I guess all 3-4 of them at the same time)…a 120fps internal recording is what we need…if it can’t be done in 4k…a 2k option would be great…and 4k option as an upgrade – but that marketing info is crutial at this moment…right here, righ now…

otherwise there is a lot to love about this camera…exciting times indeed…but please add internal nd’s, internal 120fps and you have an absolute winner…

5. Collapse Details
    Why does everyone make such a big deal about internal ND filters? How many pro shooters don't use a matte box?, Not to mention, I think my large Nd's are more likely better quality than what the manufacturers would use. I can see having ND in a prosumer cam, but a cinema cam,doesn't bother me a bit.

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah, cinema cams like the Epic = no ND. It would be a nice option, but it goes back to the Film camera mentality. There's no ND wheel on a Panaflex.
    Often times though, I think makers like BMD don't do it because they don't have that kind of engineering experience and it adds a lot of trouble to the design.

7. Collapse Details
    sony f55....canon c500 both are cinema cameras and they both have internal nd's...because in real life shooting situatuion they do come very handy...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cckid View Post
    This camera looks sweet and pro at the same time…however there are a couple of things that bother me…
    1. no integrated ND filters….big minus
    2. only pl mount….an option for canon or nikon lenses would be great
    3. 120fps in 4k only via 3g-sdi (I guess all 3-4 of them at the same time)…a 120fps internal recording is what we need…
    never thought i'd say this, but your comment makes me say: my, how times have changed.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by maranfilms View Post
    Why does everyone make such a big deal about internal ND filters? How many pro shooters don't use a matte box?, Not to mention, I think my large Nd's are more likely better quality than what the manufacturers would use. I can see having ND in a prosumer cam, but a cinema cam,doesn't bother me a bit.
    Maybe cause they are pretty convenient? Not sure what you define as a 'pro shooter'. I make
    my living 100% from my little production company. Not feature films and I'm not a millionaire, but
    I bought a house with built in edit bay/studio, a car, all my production company gear and buy the
    normal groceries and stuff as I have 3 kids. And I have shot with a matte box maybe 3 times,
    Built in ND filters work just fine for me, maybe that makes me a 'non pro' shooter. And there certainly
    are 'cinema cams' with built in NDs, from Sony and Alexa.

I mean I understand they are not important to you. That's cool. But trying to say they
    shouldnt be important to 'pro shooters', kind of seems to imply your values are the 'correct'
    or 'pro' ones. I think everyone has their own wants and needs. No offense intended, you
    probably shoot slower paced and higher end stuff than some of us that want internal NDs do.
    Good thing there are so many different good cameras out there!

10. Collapse Details
    This was exactly my thought too...and there is also a reason why arri amira included nd filters....and this is the folks aja is going for...
    not million dollar budget movies that are beeing shot on alexa or red dragon...

Quote Originally Posted by alaskacameradude View Post
    Maybe cause they are pretty convenient? Not sure what you define as a 'pro shooter'. I make
    my living 100% from my little production company. Not feature films and I'm not a millionaire, but
    I bought a house with built in edit bay/studio, a car, all my production company gear and buy the
    normal groceries and stuff as I have 3 kids. And I have shot with a matte box maybe 3 times,
    Built in ND filters work just fine for me, maybe that makes me a 'non pro' shooter. And there certainly
    are 'cinema cams' with built in NDs, from Sony and Alexa.

I mean I understand they are not important to you. That's cool. But trying to say they
    shouldnt be important to 'pro shooters', kind of seems to imply your values are the 'correct'
    or 'pro' ones. I think everyone has their own wants and needs. No offense intended, you
    probably shoot slower paced and higher end stuff than some of us that want internal NDs do.
    Good thing there are so many different good cameras out there!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast