Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Looks interesting- and the second camera from a card/peripheral maker.

What's next, the Nvidia Quadro 4K Cam? GeForce G-Cam?

2. Collapse Details
    Huhn.. same sensor. Interesting. This one does have an OLPF with some IR filtering. I think this is a pretty elegant design and the output formats are very compelling. There's still lots to find out but I like the image quality of the BMCC, at least what I've seen. Great, thanks for that info.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gene_can_sing View Post
    Yeah, FS700 + 7Q is a pretty amazing combo and you get an extra stop of DR with the 7Q. Still not sure why CION has PL mount. Not like most people who are buying a $9K camera are going to have the cash to own any PL mount lens; and renting them is very expensive and it's inconvenient to rent all the time. They should do some type of more universal mount since their crowd will be the mid-budget crowd who probably mostly own Nikon / Canon type lenses.
    Yeah, The PL-mount is a little daunting to a lot of people, but then again they did mention that they left it to 3rd party manufactures for other mounts. So Im guessing they should already have someone who is interested.
    A really good thing about all this "hopefully" is that better cameras will go further and further down in prices so you dont have to spend half a million on a camera in order for it to be good. Same thing with 3-axis brushless gimbals that a lot of time cost just as much as the cameras now.... Hopefully DJI Ronin will do something bout that

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by freshTEA View Post
    Yeah, The PL-mount is a little daunting to a lot of people, but then again they did mention that they left it to 3rd party manufactures for other mounts. So Im guessing they should already have someone who is interested.
    A really good thing about all this "hopefully" is that better cameras will go further and further down in prices so you dont have to spend half a million on a camera in order for it to be good. Same thing with 3-axis brushless gimbals that a lot of time cost just as much as the cameras now.... Hopefully DJI Ronin will do something bout that
    BAM! http://cinemaglass.com/
    "Without the Chaos, there would be no happy accidents"

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by djkarn105 View Post
    haha nice! well it is still PL-mount but not as expensive as some of the other PL-mounts ive seen + they do look kind of hot

6. Collapse Details
    Wait did I miss something?? its actual "existing" optics in a new housing?....

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yoclay View Post
    Global shutter, same dynamic range and the fact that one of their reps said it was.
    He also said that it is designed for sensor swaps when a new one become available.
    Wait, which video? I noted the first part where he commented about it being the same sensor, but I don't recall that second part about swapping it in the future. I figured they had to have at least considered it given the current direction of the market.

8. Collapse Details
    Hellou everyone,

it was an exciting year at NAB and AJA CION definitely seems like a very interesting camera. For our work we need the abililty to record 100 fps and up. However AJA CION can't do it internally and needs some kind of external recorder that supports the 4x 3g-sdi outputs. Does anyone know will the odyssey 7q recorder be able to support that, and enable us to record the 120fps from AJA CION...or for that fact will the ATOMOS SHOGUN be an even better option? Did AJA announced any future upgrades on their ability to records frames higher than 60fps internally? If anyone has any additional info on this subject please let us know....

Drazen

9. Collapse Details
    Andy Bellamy of AJA going over the 4K Cion camera. Audio is obviously not the greatest.

10. Collapse Details
    He said, "We offer a Prime Lens, or PL, mount" (1:46). PL stands for Positive Lock, not Prime Lens.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234