1. Collapse Details
    Sachtler Steadicam "Artemis" Device
    Anyone have any experience with the Artemis? It looks like a pretty solid system, and well, it's also designed by Sachtler so I'm assuming it's pretty good quality:

www.artemis-hd.com

Pookie?

Norm
    Norm Li
    Cinematographer
    www.q-films.com

2. Collapse Details
    Had a go with one of these on my Steadicam introduction course and it's actually very nice - quite comparable to the Steadicam's I tried in fact! I believe it's not an isoelastic arm in that it prefers to sit in a particular neutral position and takes a bit more effort to crane up and down, but not so much that it's a huge problem. I've heard most non-Steadicam arms are non-isoelastic, but don't know this for a fact.
    Director/Digital Camera Operator/2nd AC/DIT/Data Manager
    London, UK.
    http://www.ukscreen.com/crew/ericyoung

3. Collapse Details
    These are very nice systems with the typical German attention to detail you'd expect..
    A very nice advantage to artemis rigs is that you can start with the EFP, and upgrade components to the Cine or the Cine HD, without the need to get an entirely new rig. I wish Steadicam systems were built with upgardable components.

In comparing an artemis arm to a Steadicam arm, both are very smooth, but the build is different. As far as differences in use, it's like driving someone elses car, it doesn't take much time to adjust to either.

The artemis rigs work as well as Steadicam rigs, they're just not as well known in North America, but you find them used regularily throughout Europe.

If you have your eye on one Norm, don't hesitate because you're not familliar with the name, they're first rate.

4. Collapse Details
    How much does it cost? I couldn't find any prices. I guess without the preston FF kit...just the basic artemis to start with.

I'm assuming this one is better than the Flyer?

Nevermind, found out it's about $30G's...out of my budget for now.. .maybe later
    Norm Li
    Cinematographer
    www.q-films.com

5. Collapse Details
    $30G??? sounds like satchler