Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by adkimery View Post
    You can select a clip and manually set the frame rate (i.e. change 59.94 to 23.976 for slomo). Is that what you are talking about?
    No, as stated AE has a much more detailed set of pulldown removal options including cadence. Open both and have a look.

2. Collapse Details
    There's no uploading nor downloading of footage. You downloaded the software, install it and work locally.
    Sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean the suite. I was wondering if anyone is using the cloud feature of CC, where you work with others and, ostensibly I guess, load video files somewhere where you can work on projects with others virtually.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by CF01 View Post
    No, as stated AE has a much more detailed set of pulldown removal options including cadence. Open both and have a look.
    Right, I follow now.

Quote Originally Posted by hscully View Post
    Sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean the suite. I was wondering if anyone is using the cloud feature of CC, where you work with others and, ostensibly I guess, load video files somewhere where you can work on projects with others virtually.
    Ah, you mean Adobe Anywhere. I haven't worked with it but it's not 'the cloud' in the typical sense where you upload something to Google Docs, for example, and then everyone access Google to work on the document. You basically load everything onto a server at your facility and then let people outside your facility access it. Whomever is hosting the footage needs a very fast server, fast storage and a fat internet connect and the editors would need a fast connect too so everything can happens in real time. The footage is compressed on the fly by the server and then sent out over the Internet to the editor. The hardware requirements for the host aren't cheap, but neither is office space if, say, you are producing a TV series and you have 6 or 7 editors cutting at the same time. Avid has system like this too called Avid Interplay Sphere.

As hardware continues to get faster and cheaper I think we'll see Adobe Anywhere start to be used more but right now it's more of an enterprise level solution. CNN, for example, just announced it was transitioning to Adobe Creative Cloud and that Adobe Anywhere was a key part of that decision.
    Looking For Lenny - feature doc about comedian Lenny Bruce's timeless impact on stand-up comedy and Free Speech.
    Netflix
    iTunes
    Amazon
    Cable VOD & streaming info

4. Collapse Details
    Cool, thanks for the info.

5. Collapse Details
    Ah, you mean Adobe Anywhere. I haven't worked with it but it's not 'the cloud' in the typical sense where you upload something to Google Docs, for example, and then everyone access Google to work on the document. You basically load everything onto a server at your facility and then let people outside your facility access it. Whomever is hosting the footage needs a very fast server, fast storage and a fat internet connect and the editors would need a fast connect too so everything can happens in real time. The footage is compressed on the fly by the server and then sent out over the Internet to the editor. The hardware requirements for the host aren't cheap, but neither is office space if, say, you are producing a TV series and you have 6 or 7 editors cutting at the same time. Avid has system like this too called Avid Interplay Sphere.

As hardware continues to get faster and cheaper I think we'll see Adobe Anywhere start to be used more but right now it's more of an enterprise level solution. CNN, for example, just announced it was transitioning to Adobe Creative Cloud and that Adobe Anywhere was a key part of that decision.
    This is one reason I think 'Creative Cloud' is a bit misleading. Adobe named it 'Creative Cloud' but really, it's just a new way to
    pay (subscription based) and not some sort of new 'cloud based' technology or tools. At least for most of us that don't have
    access to very fast servers, fast storage and a fat internet connection.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pkw11 View Post
    Your analogy is flawed to say the least.
    Huh. Well, I'll have you know I put in a good 43 seconds of thought before pecking out a response on my iPhone.

And why do I have to be "the other guy"? My name is Scott!

Sony FS700
    My Vimeo

7. Collapse Details
    Shallow Member William_Robinette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pkw11 View Post
    Ah, okay I'll make this easy for you. SOME USERS of Adobe CS products have day jobs that mainly pay the bills. The value to Adobe between the "Pros" like you, and the other users like ME used to be EQUAL. That is, when YOU (or ABC TV) or ME bought a copy of CS, we both paid for the product ONCE.
    I don't think there is any reason why Adobe should have to cater to weekend warriors and professionals the same way.

I've been on CC since it came out and have immensely benefited from the timely updates now possible through the system. And it's cheap - like 1/2 hour of edit work a month and it's paid off cheap. Hell, a tank of gas costs more than a CC subscription. I think it's pretty fantastic and it's been bullet-proof thus far. So add a +1 to the extremely pleased camp.

And you could probably add all of Adobe's stock holders to that group too, seeing as how it's soared since they introduced the system. Not really seeing how that's a bad business decision for Adobe.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskacameradude View Post
    This is one reason I think 'Creative Cloud' is a bit misleading. Adobe named it 'Creative Cloud' but really, it's just a new way to
    pay (subscription based) and not some sort of new 'cloud based' technology or tools. At least for most of us that don't have
    access to very fast servers, fast storage and a fat internet connection.
    Agreed that the CC name causes confusion. They do have some "cloud" features like storage similar to Dropbox/Google Drive as well as Behance (part video hosting site / part job board) and in the next update you can automatically save project backups to the cloud but Adobe does need to flesh out the cloud services side of the equation.
    Looking For Lenny - feature doc about comedian Lenny Bruce's timeless impact on stand-up comedy and Free Speech.
    Netflix
    iTunes
    Amazon
    Cable VOD & streaming info

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I am not disputing the features or the value of the platform, but simply I am against subscription pricing policy. Adobe as a company can implement any format they wish- it's their right. My right as a consumer is to show middle finger to such pricing policies. And don't try to convince me how great it is FOR YOU, as it doesn't work FOR ME.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblindfilm View Post
    I am not disputing the features or the value of the platform, but simply I am against subscription pricing policy. Adobe as a company can implement any format they wish- it's their right. My right as a consumer is to show middle finger to such pricing policies. And don't try to convince me how great it is FOR YOU, as it doesn't work FOR ME.
    That is pretty much my stance too. And it's a shame cause I had just switched over from FCP 7 and
    like CS6 quite a bit. But to be fair, I'm probably not one of the consumers Adobe wants. I tend to
    skip upgrade cycles, which is exactly why they went to this new subscription only policy. So I guess
    they would rather shed the 'dead weight' customers like me and move to only customers
    that they can receive money from every month. I guess I understand it from their point of view,
    but I don't like it and I'm certainly not going to give them any money. I have been pretty well
    bombarded with emails asking me to sign up and even three different invitations to participate
    in surveys about CC. Ha, I am pretty sure they are not going to like my answers.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast