Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Well to balance out the Adobe bitch-fest, I have been on the CC since it came out and have been very trouble free and happy.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

2. Collapse Details
    Adobe is pretty good about making efforts to have their different programs work together. They also are pretty good about introducing some nice specialty tools in their programs that can make certain tasks much easier. They continue to fail though at implementing some basic level stuff.

I'm pretty sure Premiere is still without a controllable color management system or linear workflow capability. After Effects has had this since CS3.
    Have they made any improvements to the footage interpretation? I'm sure that hasn't likely changed. After Effects has had things such as pulldown removal and manual setting of cadence forever.
    Despite there being metadata information in some files, such as Canon PF24, that would signal what the footage is, Premiere ignores it and you are forced to transcode it(meaning an unnecessary round of lossy recompression or massive losslessly compressed files) or run it through AE and bring that comp into the Premiere timeline.
    32-bit support is poor to mediocre throughout most of their product line. Photoshop is ridiculously bad.

This is the kind of stuff Adobe hasn't been focusing on and I would be surprised if they did anytime soon.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hscully View Post
    Is anyone working with the cloud out there? I wonder how the heck that's going to work as file sizes grow. Maybe it's ok for some of the other stuff like for the photoshop people but 1 hour of Sony RAW is 512GB. Anyone going to wait around for that to download? upload?
    There's no uploading nor downloading of footage. You downloaded the software, install it and work locally.

Quote Originally Posted by CF01 View Post
    Have they made any improvements to the footage interpretation? I'm sure that hasn't likely changed.
    You can select a clip and manually set the frame rate (i.e. change 59.94 to 23.976 for slomo). Is that what you are talking about?
    Looking For Lenny - feature doc about comedian Lenny Bruce's timeless impact on stand-up comedy and Free Speech.
    Netflix
    iTunes
    Amazon
    Cable VOD & streaming info

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    Well to balance out the Adobe bitch-fest, I have been on the CC since it came out and have been very trouble free and happy.
    +1. Premiere cc is especially awesome.

as mentioned a few posts back, I'd love for adobe to come down on the price and offer niche packages. I don't need all they offer.

The monthly plan does suck, but if you're an adult, are you not paying monthly fees for cable, Internet, utilities, oil and/or gas, cell phone/data, insurance? Ugh, what's one more monthly bill?
    Last edited by Scott F; 04-03-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Sony FS700
    My Vimeo

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pkw11 View Post
    No one is bitching, we're just making observations about the fabulous propaganda blog issued by Adobe about CC. Are only "happy" comments regarding Adobe allowed or appropriate? Why are less than "happy" comments labeled with the "B" word?
    So Adobe comes out with a press release talking about new features of the latest CC update pre-NAB and you don't see yourself using a loaded term like "propaganda" divisive?

That is the pot calling the kettle black.

Grow up.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    +1
    RED 8K EPIC-W HELIUM | SONY FS7 | CANON C100

Twitter @traviswears
    Instagram @traviswears

www.traviswears.com

7. Collapse Details
    So if you don't mind $50 a month, tell you what, just send the money to me! I'll take it.
    So far this year I've racked up about 600 billable hours using Creative Cloud so I'm more than happy to send Adobe their $30 a month (I'm still on the discount plan). How much do I make by sending you the same amount? ;) And no, I couldn't use PPro 6 and work the same way as many of the improvements in PPro 7 are massive time savers.
    Looking For Lenny - feature doc about comedian Lenny Bruce's timeless impact on stand-up comedy and Free Speech.
    Netflix
    iTunes
    Amazon

8. Collapse Details
    Ah, okay I'll make this easy for you. SOME USERS of Adobe CS products have day jobs that mainly pay the bills. The value to Adobe between the "Pros" like you, and the other users like ME used to be EQUAL. That is, when YOU (or ABC TV) or ME bought a copy of CS, we both paid for the product ONCE.
    Repeat customers were valuable customers (regardless of professional stature). The customers that skipped versions were not as valuable as the customers that upgraded to each new version. I've seen many people say they only upgraded once every 4 or 5 years. Adobe made no money on those customers so I don't think they are worried about losing them.

This model allowed Adobe's sales to soar.
    Unfortunately Adobe's stock did not.

Forcing everyone into a business lease model by pretending that EVERYONE is in the pro business, is a really bad decision since the NON-Business customers will leave. Why? Adobe now costs too much.
    For me Adobe software cost too much before. I never owned any Adobe products because I couldn't justify the price. I would download the 30 day demos but it was never enough time to really wrap my head around them or use them on side gigs. I bought CS Production Premium 5.5 on sale for $999 but PPro wasn't really in shape to take me away from Avid or FCP 7. When CC rolled around I was hearing a lot of good things about PPro 7 so I said 'what the heck' and signed up. And I'm glad I did because I've gotten good work I otherwise wouldn't have. CC is what made Adobe a viable option for me.

I do wish Adobe would offer a buy-out/loyalty option though (after X amount of years of continuous CC membership you get a perpetual license for the most recent version of the CC apps at that time) and I've mentioned that to more than one Adobe employee. I also wish Adobe would offer different program bundles for different rates (similar to how there were various Creative Suites options). Only time will tell if they go that route though.
    Netflix
    iTunes
    Amazon

9. Collapse Details
    Someone told me the cc subscription for PREMIERE ONLY (not the whole suite) is $20/month (and thats not a discount price). If true, thats pretty incredible.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    Someone told me the cc subscription for PREMIERE ONLY (not the whole suite) is $20/month (and thats not a discount price). If true, thats pretty incredible.
    Yeah, individual apps are all $20/mo I believe.
    Netflix
    iTunes
    Amazon

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast