Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yoclay View Post
    I think my fear around the units is not being able to monitor things like clothes rustling or controlling it when signal jumps off the scale (squealing kids for instance)..but otherwise I think this kind of thing has been sorely needed for a long time.
    Yes, now we need someone to invent an anti-clothes rustle mic.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yoclay View Post
    I think my fear around the units is not being able to monitor things like clothes rustling or controlling it when signal jumps off the scale (squealing kids for instance)..but otherwise I think this kind of thing has been sorely needed for a long time.
    Its got audio bracketing for the shrieks. One channel at set level, the other channel 16db lower.

This was just released and may make the clothes rustling easier to deal with:

http://lmcsound.com/products/rubber-...sanken-cos-11/

Robert please get this out quick, 6-8 hours is fine with me on a single AA

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post
    Its got audio bracketing for the shrieks. One channel at set level, the other channel 16db lower.

This was just released and may make the clothes rustling easier to deal with:

http://lmcsound.com/products/rubber-...sanken-cos-11/

Robert please get this out quick, 6-8 hours is fine with me on a single AA
    That was a good find. I need those.

4. Collapse Details
    I have one question, how difficult would it e to have some type of Time code burn in? I' thinking that sometimes with very isolated sounds that would e potential, it may be hard to sync up some recorders based on audio only, and time code would be helpful. I could really see this producting being useful for the event video work that I do. I've been upset with using my tascam dr40 for task like this. lol so thanks for taking the initiative to provide a product.

5. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Looks like it's not possible in the current design, but any remote trigger capability in the future? I like the idea of laving actors with their own recorder and pulling the audio later, but running around and hitting record on all of them doesn't seem as efficient.

I also may have missed something. Great product.

Robert rocks.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

6. Collapse Details
    My sony pcm-m10s run for 15 hours on 2 AA's so I just have to start them once and leave them on. Juicedlink iPhone remote start stop with multiple recorder monitoring in the future for sure. Right now with his great audio bracketing what would make it a almost perfect must have item is an indicator light connected to a noise profile for clothes rustling/cable issues. Check the indicator, if light is on you've got unwanted noise on the track. Outside noises you can mostly hear and deal with but clothes or cable issues you are flying blind. I suggested this to Robert and he responded that it was interesting idea but he can't see a clear algorithm that would accomplish it.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by zijital View Post
    I'm really interested in price. If it is cheap enough & the battery life is long enough I think it could be great for cheap audio of a lot of people.

For weddings it'd be great to mic a lot of the VIPs. If you're doing a documentary & you have a primary wireless mic on the main subject you could put a few of these on anyone else that is around that are interacting with. This would be good for indie features, especially ensemble casts (like a Robert Altman movie). And a bonus to having / hiding a lav on people vs having a big boom mic flying over their head is that people often forget they're wearing a lav. You could discover some real moments and still be getting good audio.
    I think this would be a great way to use them. If you've already taken care of getting sound from as many speakers as you would normally, you could throw lots of these on anyone you usually wouldn't bother with. I would be happy to rent ten of these and set them and forget them on as many guests at a wedding even if there's only a small chance of getting a great moment.

Also, they're not limited to people - they could be gopro equivalents of a crash cam e.g. easy to mount and not the biggest deal if something goes wrong.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thefluentone View Post
    I have one question, how difficult would it e to have some type of Time code burn in?
    Robert said it won't have timecode (either I read it somewhere, or in an e-mail reply he sent to me). I don't think you could get TC/IN & have it be cheap, but I'm thinking at least, at least, having the time / date when a recording is starting. If you set TOD (time of day) Free Run TC on your camera, then you'll be kinda close to sync in post.

Maybe someone can come up with a software app that adds in timecode as you bring the file into your NLE. (Does this exist already even?)

Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Also, they're not limited to people - they could be gopro equivalents of a crash cam e.g. easy to mount and not the biggest deal if something goes wrong.
    Good point. At my wedding, I hung a lav running from a MiniDisc recorder from the ceiling to grab closer audio of our friends doing readings (it was a small space). I felt this was a nice addition to the room tone being captured from the lock down mic & then I had two wireless mics going to the main camera (operated by someone I worked with), one mic on myself, one on the pastor.

For weddings at least, I could see putting a number of these at key points where you know people will be speaking from. You probably can't mic a bride, but if you can put a mic where she is standing before walking down the isle, you might get some golden moments of her with her dad / bridesmaids.
    Where are all the S-VHS hipsters?

9. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post
    My sony pcm-m10s run for 15 hours on 2 AA's so I just have to start them once and leave them on. Juicedlink iPhone remote start stop with multiple recorder monitoring in the future for sure. Right now with his great audio bracketing what would make it a almost perfect must have item is an indicator light connected to a noise profile for clothes rustling/cable issues. Check the indicator, if light is on you've got unwanted noise on the track. Outside noises you can mostly hear and deal with but clothes or cable issues you are flying blind. I suggested this to Robert and he responded that it was interesting idea but he can't see a clear algorithm that would accomplish it.
    Amazing idea, mico. iPhone remote start stop would be killer.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

10. Collapse Details
    iPhone - wifi / blue tooth remote start stop & monitor (even low quality) of multiple units would be killer

I think it'll come, but we can't expect too much for a gen 1
    Where are all the S-VHS hipsters?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast