Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    My 3rd one just arrived this week. These things are so easy to use for redundant recording!

2. Collapse Details
    Just wondering if people are using these with wireless transmitters? On their own with a lav? With an XLR cable to handheld or shotgun mic or a feed from an audio board?

For those using with a wireless, is it troublesome to strap to things onto someone instead of just one?
    Where are all the S-VHS hipsters?

3. Collapse Details
    I'm using it with just a lav. Dual recording with second at -6db saves any sudden loud sounds. If you want to go handheld with a mic and if you have a battery powered mic the similar Tascam DR 10x is for that purpose and can be bought in the U.S. as its not part of the copyright issue.

4. Collapse Details
    As mentioned, the one with XLR is different.

Concerning the tascam dr 10cs...Since it adds bulk using the recorder and wireless lav, for weddings I have just been using the tascam directly with a lav into it, skipping the transmitter. I put that in the grooms pocket and then wireless mic the pastor. So where I used to use two wireless lavs, now I use 1 wireless sennheiser and 1 wired tascam.

For other situations where I need redundancy or I don't have enough wireless lavs I again just use the tascam with lav plugged in.
    Its really not that big, piggy backed to a transmitter but it does make a difference.
    I am looking forward to someone offering an affordable wireless system in the future with built-in recording, but until then I am grateful to have these handy small recorders. They make life easier!

5. Collapse Details
    Well Juiced Link has some competition in US retailers. Tascam has made a new DR-10 model that comes with a lav but no pass through for a wireless transmitter.

http://tascam.com/product/dr-10l/
    Where are all the S-VHS hipsters?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678