1. Collapse Details
    Filming a live event...
    Hi guys,

I need to live stream an event and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best workflow to do this using the HVX200 (also, any websites or software to stream it on.. someone recommended Google Hangouts but not sure if this is best)? I own an HVX200, but it's been years since I last used it and feel out of the loop as to what knew advances have been made in technology.

Also, the computer that I used to use to transfer the P2 cards is broken, so how else can I get the footage off the cards and onto my computer? I have a Macbook Pro with 2GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, running OS X 10.9.1.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ThanksĄ

2. Collapse Details
    If the camera has a FireWire I think you can use that with a web service like livestream or ustream. Otherwise you'd need a converter box from BlackMagic, matrox or others to convert sdi or hdmi to USB or thunderbolt. Or you could use an iPhone. But it in a tripod and it will stream directly to livestream through an app.

3. Collapse Details
    it all depend the camera setup and what kind of connection you get.
    1) is the camera fix or moving.
    2) the internet connection is good (wired , high bandwith) or bad (wireless, low bandwith).

The best answer for the camera is to use the composite output (almost all camera have one ).
    if you go wired, a simple coax cable will fit even over big distance.
    If you need to go wireless, a cheap video transmitter can be used.
    Composite video has the advantage to be easily digitized over usb with cheap (less than 20$) converter and a basic laptop.
    for internet streaming, the quality of video composite is ok.
    then you will need to choose a provider of streaming video, since if you expect more than 1 viewer, direct streaming is impossible.
    Ustream, JustinTV, livestream, youtube offers cheap streaming or even for free.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by YvetteH View Post
    Also, the computer that I used to use to transfer the P2 cards is broken, so how else can I get the footage off the cards and onto my computer? I have a Macbook Pro with 2GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, running OS X 10.9.1.
    Does it have a 1394 (firewire) input?
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY