1. Collapse Details
    Checking hack firmware in camera?
    I just installed the Mysteron 154mbs hack, and everything installed fine. Now is there way I can check that the firmware is in the camera, or even running? I'm coming from Canon's Magic Lantern, and in the camera settings it would show the firmware name/type/etc.

Also, if I wanted to change to a different firmware. Do I just delete the firmware bin file from the sd card first, then re-install the new firmware? Cause that's what I did, and did not have any install issues. Just want to make sure I did it right.

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Also, everytime I format the card in camera. The firmware bin file disappears when I open the SD card folder on the computer. Do I have to constantly re-install the firmware in the card?

3. Collapse Details
    I`d like to bump this thread. Having same problem, got DH1 after having some time with Canon 600D w. M.Lantern. Hacked GH1 from day 1 I got it and now after 3 months I can`t remember what patch I applied.
    Is there a way to find out?

4. Collapse Details
    If you format the card, all files are lost.
    If you already applied the firmware, you do not need to do that again (if you want to keep it).

Quote Originally Posted by Bubel View Post
    I`d like to bump this thread. Having same problem, got DH1 after having some time with Canon 600D w. M.Lantern. Hacked GH1 from day 1 I got it and now after 3 months I can`t remember what patch I applied.
    Is there a way to find out?
    A way to know this, is applying your own version numbering to the firmware patches, like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and keeping track of which has what properties.
    The only extra step you may need to take when you want to "downgrade" from 1.3 to 1.1 is applying a patch that resets the version number to 0.0 first.
    But the camera may as well take it, if only the filename has a higher number.

5. Collapse Details
    It might help you shooting a 5 sec video, upload to your computer and then analyze it to see what MBPS you have on the video, what fps, frame size etc.
    Or just apply a new patch with the required settings.

6. Collapse Details
    I know how coming from magic lantern, the gh1/2 hacks are a bit of a letdown. Not much in terms of new functionality and not nearly as polished as magic lantern, just higher bit rates, some frame rate adjustments and some audio adjustments.

there isn't much of an indication of what firmware is installed. You can set a custom version number as mentioned above. And also as mentioned, if you format the card the firmware file is gone, but it's still installed on the camera. That file is just basically the install file.

7. Collapse Details
    It would help it Vitaliy would allow changing some of the Exif text values in the firmware, like GH13, instead of GH1.
    I used to change some texts to be able to identify I was running custom firmware.
    But this was something I had to do in another tool.

8. Collapse Details
    If you have access to a Windows PC, you can use CBrandin's StreamParser utility ver 2.7 to analyse the video files your hacked GH2 produces to see the actual bitrate and how the files are being encoded. This is the best indication that the hack is active and working properly.