1. Collapse Details
    should i get a HVX200a?
    i am just getting into more of video, I currently shoot with my D800 and edit with FCPX.

i am looking to spend $1000 for a video camera. There is a DVX200a with 2 16G P2 cards in my price range, i am not sure if this will be a compliment to my D800?

will the footages from both cameras have the same feel or completed different?

what is the ease of camera to FCPX?

sorry to ask these simple questions, but i honestly not sure if i should invest in this equipment if its my needs
    Last edited by zoom2zoom; 01-29-2014 at 06:00 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    I use a D800 and an HVX200a with 64GB of P2 Memory. So far, I'm lovin it. The D800 gives far superior results (IMO), but the HVX also has AF, Varizoom, NDs built-in, DVCPRO HD and many more. I use Premiere Pro for post though. 16GB won't be enough if you'll be shooting a lot of stuff, so you might want to add that to the cost of your investment (or a FireStore). They have totally different looks SOOC, but can be matched in post.
    D800. BMPCC.

3. Collapse Details
    The footage is absolutely different. I have d60 and hvx200a. I try to use both cameras all the way for my commercials. D60 is perfect but moire, low light ability, sound and compression. Hvx is perfect but image details and dof. It has very old sensor and picture is very soft for 1080p delivery. Today I had a job shooting the wallpapers of Roberto Cavalli for our regional dealer. Only using my hvx I can get affordable results because of terrible moire of d60. Only using my hvx i can get a shiny particles inside that rich wallpapers making it look good. But grading both cameras to the same result is a bit of challenge. Btw my delivery is 576p.

4. Collapse Details
    Here are my quick results if it helps:
    Untitled-3.jpg

Not perfect, but almost similar. Could probably match them with even more thorough grading.
    D800. BMPCC.