Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I like it! Been looking for another good car show ever since Top Gear finished.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JMtheDP View Post
    I eventually moved up to the F65, even had my own set of Master Primes and three Aluras. Then decided to get rid of it all, as low budget DOP'ing was no longer the fun it once had been.
    What stopped it being fun?
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

3. Collapse Details
    I bet I can answer that one. It's never fun when you are the "old man" on set, and everyone else is too green to know better than to kill themselves doing things the hard way for no money and little sleep. I remember during shooting a Super-16 microbudget feature the director commented "I'm never gonna kill myself working like this again!" It was my 5th such production that year, all back-to-back. It wears on you.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Or he got tired of the promise of cold pizza, a copy of the film, and IMDB credit as proposed payment!

5. Collapse Details
    Combination of things really. The constant stream of producers who fail to understand you produced the pretty pictures, not just the camera.

The number of times you'd try and stop said first time producers from committing grievous errors, and be berated rather than thanked.

I saw the move to full frame coming and with a huge investment in S35 cameras and glasses, I got out while I could.

Plus the constant stream of young idiots with a RED just got worse and worse, I lost jobs to these people because people I trusted wanted to save money, ended up costing them more but they never admitted it.

Or "well my Master Primes cost me money, so no you do not get them free"

Made some great friends along the way, including many on here, but my career took a different path and although financially I am not as well off, I am happy.

My greatest pleasure is in teaching cinematography, which I now do at University level.
    James Martin, UK-based DoP
    www.jamesmartindop.com
    Sony F65, ARRI/Zeiss Master Primes, ARRI Alura Zooms
    Formerly: F900, F35, Zeiss Standard Speeds, Illumina S35s...

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12