Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I cannot understand what you are saying - it is precisely the amount of detail where this camera really shines. It is by test (Slashcam.de) the sharpest 4K camera available. The detail in wide shots is stunning. Are you viewing these videos on a UHD screen? What are you comparing to? The AX100 resolves more detail without artifacts compared to the Canon K, the BlackMagic 4K and the GH4. No artifacts. On my UHD, color-calibrated screen I have never see such clean detail. You did not download the UHD version? There must be some explanation.
    Wow, it's either a full moon or NAB is coming.

For you sharpness equals detail. Not for me. And you focused on the one criticism and forgot about the other comment.

I know what I'm buying so the rest is just looking around. No need to over think this.

Again, just as we hear differently, so do our eyes see differently. It doesn't make anything worst or better. The only reason I even entered this conversation is that Dan said he didn't see any difference in the GH4 4K footage that showed any improved resolution over previous models. I guess there must be some explanation.....

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dan.carter View Post
    At twice the size (4K), I'm looking for twice the detail. From what I've seen, with the exception of Sony, the current 4K cameras, including the GH4, provide no greater detail than 2K. Good for post cropping, but not image quality.
    Dan, take a look at this at 1:41 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_DljQqQMY My eyes see a Sony AX100 like level of detail plus richer and livelier colors.

3. Collapse Details
    Any low light samples from it, I mean like a very dark room, like a wedding reception type of low lighting with just candlelights, dimmed chandeliers and exit signs on ?
    This is what I'm up against twice a week.

4. Collapse Details
    Anyone know how to power this cam with the USB port? No luck of any kind with USB powerbanks or adapters.
    HD Video: GH5, G85, ax700
    Microphones: Sennheiser MKH 80 MKH20 MKH40
    Neumann 11-pattern dual capsule main pair by Rens Heijnis
    Schoeps MK2, MK2H, MK21, MK41
    own design ribbon mics

5. Collapse Details
    @ DrDave...I have been able to power the AX100 using a portable INSIGINIA NS-MB20800-C 20,800mAh power source, 5V 4.2A. Tried a Piston Power 9000mAh 5V 1.5A power source and no luck. I suspect it may be related to the higher amperage of the Insiginia, but that is just a guess...
    Michael
    Event, Sport & Personal Video espvideo.ca

6. Collapse Details
    Why don't you just get a Sony NP-FV100 battery. Mine lasts for over 5 hours on that battery.

Ron Evans

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveronn View Post
    @ DrDave...I have been able to power the AX100 using a portable INSIGINIA NS-MB20800-C 20,800mAh power source, 5V 4.2A. Tried a Piston Power 9000mAh 5V 1.5A power source and no luck. I suspect it may be related to the higher amperage of the Insiginia, but that is just a guess...

Thanks for the info. I was suprised when I plugged it in that nothing happened.
    HD Video: GH5, G85, ax700
    Microphones: Sennheiser MKH 80 MKH20 MKH40
    Neumann 11-pattern dual capsule main pair by Rens Heijnis
    Schoeps MK2, MK2H, MK21, MK41
    own design ribbon mics

8. Collapse Details
    Nice and high detail in the video! But theres also lots of digital sharpening. It was not a pleasing look at all. Rather consumer-look on the images to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdEZzYEnCDw

Its possible to rape these images with digital sharpening too. Shouldnt be an issue to shoot at f/11 and unsharp the pictures to hell and back afterwards ;-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234