Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    In conclusion, this bastard is...
    on it's death row now with the happening of the Lumix GH3 & GH4K coming soon. What do you think about it ? Almost dead as a doornail or ready for a worthy replacement (if any) ?

Thanks to share your thoughts about it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Hell nah dude. My AF100 ain't going quietly into the night. I got a ton of jobs lined up with it as my A-cam. Corporate, music videos, narrative. It's a damn fine cam.

3. Collapse Details
    If by "dead as a doornail" you mean "increasingly affordable and readily available used", then sure. But I guarantee you many folk will still be using them well after the arrival of the GH4K.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cameras: AF-100, G7 (formerly G6, GH2, HMC-40) -- Lenses: Lumix, legacy Nikons with Speedbooster -- NLEs: Premiere and AfterFX CS6 and CC on PC

4. Collapse Details
    Ummm, ok. All AF100 cameras are on death row now? Posts like these are a bit silly, there are people still turning out great stuff from the original DVX- a standard def minidv cam. If you like it, use it- if you don't then don't. The lack of any successor, or GH progress have no real impact on the viability of this camera.

5. Collapse Details
    It really is a silly post. Every camera available is already obsolete. How fast can you recoup $100K vs. $4k? My AF100 has made around $200K since new a couple years ago and will probably do another $75K this year. The market
    knows when it's time to upgrade, and the AF100 isn't there yet. There is still A LOT of bang left for the buck in my opinion.

6. Collapse Details
    Well, sorry for the sarcasm. What I was trying to say is (or ask, more acurately) now with GH3 & GH4, is there there even a ghost of a chance that Panasonic FINALLY do a real update with this camera, or even, is there even a chance for this cinema camera to get a good & worthwhile successor (aside of the two Lumixes mentioned above), especially for competing with the Canon eos c100 or Sony F3 while retaining a low price ?

The af100 is a good camera, I do agree with that. But It hasen't been updated much since 2011 (with the af100a) and have some serious problem with it's low light performances or dynamic range (among others). What came up for a update later was a pay firmware or a zoom assist function.

So, that's what I'm asking, do you think that Pany will finally make a move toward this ?

7. Collapse Details
    I kind of doubt it - got a feeling the AF may end up as a one off (I hope not)
    The Micro 4/3 format just didn't catch on in the video market as the super 35 did.
    To fire up peoples imagination and interest in a new video camera it would have to be 4K capable, do super slo mo, be great at low light, have an awesome dynamic range and sell for $4,000 - that's a big ask.
    Rohan Dadswell
    Freelance Lighting Cameraman - www.rotahead.com.au
    Blackmagic Production Cam & Blackmagic Pocket Cam
    JVC LS-300, 2 x Sony PMW-350, 2 x NanoFlash, Sony X70, Pana GH2,3 & 4, Gopro
    Shed full of lights, dollies, jibs, gimbal & other toys

8. Collapse Details
    id love to see an AF100 with a better image, not 4k but deep wide DR 1080, it could be a killer cam.

I think it is time they upgraded the internals..

S

9. Collapse Details
    For crying out loud!! Get your head Around this.The right tool for the job is what matters. I do not shoot film stock or war of the worlds stuff so the AF100 (02) is the perfect weapon for me. The camera is 10% if that, of the entertainment value - the rest is down to you as the creator of imagery and the structure of the story----see strapline..
    Cheeers and a happy new year!
    Rod
    Rod Pike
    Panasonic af102- lumix 12-35mm f2.8- lumix 35-100mm f2.8- Lumix 14-140 f4-5.6- and an Olympus 4/3 9-18mm zoom -also Panasonic ac160A
    www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
    A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by monks19 View Post
    on it's death row now with the happening of the Lumix GH3 & GH4K coming soon. What do you think about it ?.
    I think that the AF100 and the GH3 are completely different cameras, each offering a different tool set.

And the GH4? You can't shoot with a rumor.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast