Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Is C100 AVCHD fully support by FCPx 10.1 release?
    One of the features I noticed is native support for MTS and MT2S files from AVCHD cameras. I wonder if this will interpret C100 correctly as progressive? I can't/won't install it as I'm in the middle of a very important edit.

Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 09.29.31.jpg

2. Collapse Details
    I just tested it on my wife's MacBook Pro and can confirm that FCPx 10.1 still
    interprets 25psf as interlaced.

Is this a canon issue? My mates FS700 shots AVCHD and FCPx doesn't have a problem with it. I hoped the update would do away with having to select progressive.

3. Collapse Details
    This is a Canon pdf issue and yes I can confirm Drew's findings.
    C100 + Ninja 2, 5D3, Canon XF + XA, GH4, FCPX, FCP7, CS6 etc
    Corporate & Event Videos
    Photo Booth Hire in Yorkshire

4. Collapse Details
    Canon's got a bit of 'prior form' in its rather odd interpretation of PSF. Alain's article is well worth a read whilst prepping to install 10.1:

http://provideocoalition.com/atepper...malignant_psf/

IIRC, the same was also true in its XLH1 HDV camera way back. But FCPX does seem to get its electronic undergarments in a twist, more so than others.
    Director/Editor - MDMA Ltd: Write, Shoot, Edit, Publish - Showreel, www.mdma.tv & Blog
    EX1 x2, C100 --> FCPX & now CS6

5. Collapse Details
    For me and my workflow, its a non issue as I use Clipwrap. It takes the raw card and converts it any number of ways (rewrap only, turn it into ProRes etc..). It correctly interprets the clips on conversion and makes them progressive. It's also super fast! I'd rather do it externally anyway then let FCPX do it. Its easier to get all your clips into bins in the finder level then just import those folders into FCPX. At least, that all worked with FCP 10.0.9. Now with the new one and their libraries, I'm not so sure this will work the same way to organize clips and bins. Havent had a chance to check it out too much yet.

6. Collapse Details
    not successful with clip wrap
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Frederick View Post
    For me and my workflow, its a non issue as I use Clipwrap. It takes the raw card and converts it any number of ways (rewrap only, turn it into ProRes etc..). It correctly interprets the clips on conversion and makes them progressive. It's also super fast! I'd rather do it externally anyway then let FCPX do it. Its easier to get all your clips into bins in the finder level then just import those folders into FCPX. At least, that all worked with FCP 10.0.9. Now with the new one and their libraries, I'm not so sure this will work the same way to organize clips and bins. Havent had a chance to check it out too much yet.
    i was not successful with clip-wrapping c100 files. rewrapping (to fcpx) made final cut "see" the files as progressive, but they still are treated as interlaced. a native c100-fcpx-workflow would have been a dream...

7. Collapse Details
    i am now working with fcp 10.1. i use "clip wrap",and it puts the clips into a "mov" container,and all is well.
    in the info window of fcp x they are described as "progressiv"

8. Collapse Details
    something similar happens with clips of the gh3.
    the clips are 1080 - 50p mov.
    direct import ,and the info-window shows 1080p and 50i,but further down you see its correct with 50, h.264. progressiv.
    i think that is an old mistake in fcpx,and has nothing to do with canon. ??

9. Collapse Details
    what settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by haeff View Post
    i am now working with fcp 10.1. i use "clip wrap",and it puts the clips into a "mov" container,and all is well. in the info window of fcp x they are described as "progressiv"
    mine were described as "progressiv", but when i looked at the footage zoomed at 200% i could see it "treated" the video as interlaced. i have to recheck. what version of clip wrap did you use? and what settings (rewrap, to what)? thanks for the help, roman.

10. Collapse Details
    Here's a screenshot from a current project showing the problems FCPx is having with AVCHD. At 100% the red lights in the background clearly show interlacing in FCPx and exports this way, whether transcoded to ProRes or not within FCPx. Strangely outside in the OSx finder the interlacing is non existent in the AVCHD file!
    AVCHD interlacing.jpg
    You have to view this on a higher res image on Flickr:
    http://flickr.com/gp/64566893@N06/439KS2

I can't embed the flickr photo here. Maybe someone can tell me how?
    Last edited by Curnsie; 12-23-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast