Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    no its a screen shot of a rough draft thats not high quality so you can't tell the sharpness. I was just looking at colors and film look between the cameras

2. Collapse Details
    I think you are going to find it easier to match cameras if you start by having the proper exposure levels on both cameras while shooting.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gutterball321 View Post
    no its a screen shot of a rough draft thats not high quality so you can't tell the sharpness. I was just looking at colors and film look between the cameras
    If you know the craft (and expose properly) those two shots would be easier to match.

most people consider shallow DOF to be 'cinematic' so you must understand what shooting on m4/3 you lose 2 stops to the 5D in DOF. This is why I was asking what f stop you were shooting each camera at. If you had the oly 45 @ f1.8 and set the 5D to f4 they should look pretty close in DOF which is what your noticing here. It's all about knowing how to get looks with the equipment.

I still think the focus plane was off with the GH3 as the sharpest part of the image (focal plane) is behind your actors head or that is the way it looks to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123