1. Collapse Details
    Production Insurance
    I have read a lot about production insurance and I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good insurance company? Any rates would be helpful too. I am considering producing my own feature (unless there are any producers out there that would like to do a werewolve/vampire/slayer flick) and I know I will need insurance to get permits and the like. Seeing as how this budget will not be very high (3-4k range and most of that goes for the camera), I need cheap insurance for perhaps a 14-21 day shoot. Never looked into this before and didnt want to be stupid walking into Allstate and saying, hey you guys insure my car, how about my film? (Although this may be good publicity for them LOL!!!)

Thanks,
    Tim

BTW - Anyone from Chicago? I will be writer/director/producer, but will need crew for this, plan on shooting in 12 months, round Aug 2006, until then I am still locked into school and writing/polishing the script.

Fxguy@comcast.net

2. Collapse Details
    First place you will want to look is www.productioninsurance.com. Pricing varies depending on how many riders you have on the policy, but for the most basic liability coverage, I think it's somewhere in the range of $200 a day. Don't quote me on this, instead head over to that site and get a free quote from them!