Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rotoscoping is a 4 letter word.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by zucked View Post
    SICK poster. Nice job Matt + all involved!
    Thanks, man! We're all working hard over here and I'm glad Matt has been part of the team. Huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Teflon View Post
    Rotoscoping is a 4 letter word.
    Yeah, but which one? I can think of a few.

UPDATE:
    As we're nearing the deadline, all I can say is that this is some BS!! Why is this editing T A K I N G S O L O N G???? WTF??? I've been at this for weeks! Okay, enough complaining, here are the real updates:
    1. The cc is all done (finally).
    2. The audio still needs to be mixed.
    3. Picture is locked and some of the score is done. The rest will be finished tonight.
    4. All the VFX is finished except for a couple of shots. They should be done tonight or tomorrow (yes, before the deadline).
    5. Credits still need to be done.
    6. There's about 16 more things on my "To-do" list that I think will make the film even better, so I'll also be working on those tonight. They won't take long to do, but they're kind of tedious.

It's been fun to get back on the dvx wagon and take it for a ride. Dvx has taught me so much about filmmaking it's ridiculous. I even met Hawk through this site and we've done countless projects together now, including Bad To The Jones. Not to mention all of my other friends on the site that continually give invaluable advice to help my projects get to that next level. You guys know who you are, so thanks (if I haven't told you already).

I'm excited for Kill Shift to be seen. We've done several things that we've never done before and I think they're fantastic. I always see these things on TV or in a movie and say, hey, we can do that. Well, this time we actually did.

More updates coming soon.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

3. Collapse Details
    Sounds like everything is under control and as always, I look forward to your film!
    If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact Hawk about it....I mean really....all he seems to be doing is a little rotoscoping & complaining.

4. Collapse Details
    I can relate, Marlon! Good luck and very much looking foreard to seeing this entry!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact Hawk about it....I mean really....all he seems to be doing is a little rotoscoping & complaining.
    Hes-right-you.jpg

6. Collapse Details
    So, there are always forces working against you. I had this all planned. After working through the night and the morning, I had to be at work today from 11:30A - 5:30P. I was going to go home, make the last minute tweaks and start exporting no later than 10P. Well, plan has gone to sh*t! Work called me to stay over until 11P!! Yeah, and there's no way out of it. But guess what?!! We're getting this thing done and uploaded on time come hell or high water. I'm an independent filmmaker for a reason MFs! We can do and will!

Alec and I are working on a plan as we speak.

iZaza Slider...Do you?

7. Collapse Details
    Went over to Marlon's tonight to finish up some editing on the timeline due to scheduling conflicts. It's so weird jumping into the tail end of someone else's edit. I've never done that before. I really think it turned out well though. We even did a few revisions through facetime. The export should be done now, and he'll be checking it out and making any final revisions if necessary, followed by the upload. I needed a few files from Matt tonight and he turned them around super fast. It's always great working with people who are talented and know what they're doing. Totally makes things go by much smoother. Kudos, guys!

8. Collapse Details
    Nice guys, congrats! I'm psyched to see the final final version.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

9. Collapse Details
    Soooo, technology is amazing! You guys don't know what we had to go through to get this thing done. Last night Hawk was at my house on my CPU (my PRECIOUS!!) trying to finish up the last big things to do. Where was I?? Forced to stay at work! But I was able to sent files via email, record stuff that needed to be done and face time to be able to coordinate. While we were doing that, Matt was kickin' a** on some files he had to finish up. Everything came together and we got it done and got 'we done good! Can't wait for you guys to check it out and I want to give another thanks to the team that helped this thing really come to life.

iZaza Slider...Do you?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Ladd View Post
    Soooo, technology is amazing! You guys don't know what we had to go through to get this thing done. Last night Hawk was at my house on my CPU (my PRECIOUS!!) trying to finish up the last big things to do. Where was I?? Forced to stay at work! But I was able to sent files via email, record stuff that needed to be done and face time to be able to coordinate. While we were doing that, Matt was kickin' a** on some files he had to finish up. Everything came together and we got it done and got 'we done good! Can't wait for you guys to check it out and I want to give another thanks to the team that helped this thing really come to life.
    Awesome! Technology is amazing isn't it? I remember using Facetime years ago while I cut Larry's westfest film!

We used so much technology, file transfers, etc. on this film as well.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast