Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi Mitch,

I've tried to ask this another time as well but haven't seen a reply yet I think. Is there any possibility to add a proper interval recording feature on the Q7?

sami
    BMPCC4K, Sony FS700 with O7Q+, Bolex 16mm, Canon 1014XL-S super8.

Visit my site: www.samisanpakkila.com

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Essami View Post
    Hi Mitch,

I've tried to ask this another time as well but haven't seen a reply yet I think. Is there any possibility to add a proper interval recording feature on the Q7?

sami
    Sorry, thought I'd answered this.

Yes, we will have interval recording on the Odyssey7Q. It won't be on first release, but it is on our roadmap.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

3. Collapse Details
    Absolutely brilliant! Thank you!
    BMPCC4K, Sony FS700 with O7Q+, Bolex 16mm, Canon 1014XL-S super8.

Visit my site: www.samisanpakkila.com

4. Collapse Details
    Hi, i planned to buy the 7Q. Can't wait shooting with it next year.

One question i can't clarify. Is 4k 60p dnxhd possible with the fs700? on the main fs700 page it says it is http://www.convergent-design.com/Pro...ey7Q/Sony.aspx
    But on the prodcuts options tab it only says 4k up to 30fps http://www.convergent-design.com/Pro...Odyssey7Q.aspx

What is right?

regards
    Marcus

5. Collapse Details
    and a few more questions, Mitch. forgive me if they've been answered elsewhere:

-in quite a few demos, I've seen a stylus in use. will the Odyssey ship with one and is there a way to stow it on the unit?

-will firmware updates be installed via USB or the SSDs? or both? will it ship with a USB stick?

-what is the screen material composed of? Gorilla Glass of some sort? the screen on my nanoFlash was definitely prone to dings... not that it effected function. but then again, it wasn't my onboard monitor.

-do right angle connectors exist for the power cable CD has chosen?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Icke84 View Post
    Hi, i planned to buy the 7Q. Can't wait shooting with it next year.

One question i can't clarify. Is 4k 60p dnxhd possible with the fs700? on the main fs700 page it says it is http://www.convergent-design.com/Pro...ey7Q/Sony.aspx
    But on the prodcuts options tab it only says 4k up to 30fps http://www.convergent-design.com/Pro...Odyssey7Q.aspx

What is right?

regards
    Marcus
    Thanks for pointing that out. We need to fix those pages.

In our initial shipping of the Odyssey 7Q (next week!!), we will offer the record option for 2K RAW up to 240fps. We will be adding 4K options with a firmware upgrade (free to those who buy the first version of the FS700 record option, included to later purchases). We have several options in development but they involve some negotiations with other companies, so I can't specifically speak to them. But we know that we can technically offer several 4K solutions and our goal is to provide all of them.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdogdylan View Post
    and a few more questions, Mitch. forgive me if they've been answered elsewhere:

-in quite a few demos, I've seen a stylus in use. will the Odyssey ship with one and is there a way to stow it on the unit?

-will firmware updates be installed via USB or the SSDs? or both? will it ship with a USB stick?

-what is the screen material composed of? Gorilla Glass of some sort? the screen on my nanoFlash was definitely prone to dings... not that it effected function. but then again, it wasn't my onboard monitor.

-do right angle connectors exist for the power cable CD has chosen?
    Stylus
    You don't need one, it's like using an iPad (okay, an iPad Mini). You're welcome to use a stylus if you want, but we don't provide one. Dan Keaton likes using one and the stylus showed up in some videos so that a hand would not obscure the Odyssey7Q so much.

Firmware updates
    Commonly will be done via SSD but can also be done via te mini USB port. Sorry, no thumb drives included.

Screen material
    It's a hardened glass material like what is commonly used on cell phones and tablets.

Power connectors
    Currently they are offered only in straight connectors, not right angle. But the BNC connector just next to it extends further, so I would not be too afraid of pinching the cable or connector.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

8. Collapse Details
    Hi Mitch,

Sorry to ask what might be a very simple question but i've not read a clear answer yet and perhaps the goal posts are always moving here: will the day one release of the O7+FS700 upgrade allow for 4K recording of any kind? If not, then what is the ETA for 4K recording?

Can you tell us whether the 2K RAW is compressed from the camera, does that explain the noise seen on footage? To be honest i've not seen any decent 2K RAW from either the 700 or the 55 yet, so it doesn't look practical, more of a curiosity right now (IMHO). I hope i'm wrong but it sounds like the FS700 upgrade pack is 2K RAW only day one?

Many thanks
    Paul
    ------------------------
    twitter.com/inventome
    lastest post : The truth about LUTs http://blog.inventome.com/Blog/2016/...uth-about-LUTs

9. Collapse Details
    On day one the FS700 recording option is indeed only the 2K, albeit up to 240fps. We are in negotiations now to be allowed to release one of our 4K recording solutions on day one as well but with that landing next week the timeline is rather tight.

We have several solutions for 4K recording. We may have one available immediately. We should have another available within about a month. Can't be more specific because no matter what we have to deal with other companies and we cannot speak for their timelines. But we believe it should be very soon.

There has been a great deal of speculation and inaccurate statements as to the nature of the 2K RAW signal coming out of the FS700. Convergent Design is not in the position to answer this. The camera is a Sony product and it is up to them to state what it the camera is doing. I can say this: Convergent Design has its own deBayering algorithm for the FS700. We strive to create the best possible imagery to capture to the Odyssey7Q. Some issues that people have seen on other footage has not been seen to be present on material made available from the Odyssey7Q. We are listening and monitoring discussions all the time, and we may choose to further update our programming via free firmware updates in the future. But we're also pretty darn happy with what we are delivering right now.

Sorry to be vague, but I hope this helps.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

10. Collapse Details
    If we pay $750 or whatever for the FS700 option with the 7Q, will further updates be free or will we be asked to pay again as time moves on?
    Michael Erlewine
    Founder All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, All-Game Guide, ClassicPosters.com
    Heart Center Studios, MacroStop.com, SpiritGrooves.net, Matrix Software, etc.

Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast