Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHelling View Post
    Hey Mitch, I saw this question was asked on another thread but unanswered as of yet. Will DnxHD be added at some point? Is there a time frame?
    Currently under evaluation.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHelling View Post
    One other question.. can we record audio imbedded in DXP files?
    We accept audio either embedded in the HD-SDI stream or via AES audio input. We plan to have a basic 2-channel embedded audio supported on initial release with far more capability to follow.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

3. Collapse Details
    Hi Mitch,

I was wondering if the upcoming FS700 codecs, such as the 10-bit 4:2:2 HD are going to require additional payment?

If you can manage to get a good compressed 240fps 10-bit 4:2:2, I would pull out the Visa ASAP. Is that even possible? That would be the ultimate. The 2K RAW data rates at 240fps are just a bit too insane.
    -------
    Entire Portfolio: http://www.builtbyugene.com/index.html

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gene_can_sing View Post
    Hi Mitch,

I was wondering if the upcoming FS700 codecs, such as the 10-bit 4:2:2 HD are going to require additional payment?

If you can manage to get a good compressed 240fps 10-bit 4:2:2, I would pull out the Visa ASAP. Is that even possible? That would be the ultimate. The 2K RAW data rates are just a bit too insane.
    This is definitely in the works. Once you pay for the FS700 recording option any updates to it are free. Without the recording option you are limited to the 8-bit HD video output from the camera. With the recording option you get whatever we can do with the 4K or 2K data streams. We have a lot of plans in the works.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    This is definitely in the works. Once you pay for the FS700 recording option any updates to it are free. Without the recording option you are limited to the 8-bit HD video output from the camera. With the recording option you get whatever we can do with the 4K or 2K data streams. We have a lot of plans in the works.
    Sorry Mitch, just to clarify. "This is definitely in the works," is that referring to compressed 240fps 4:2:2 10-bit?

Thanks again for taking the time out for all the questions.
    -------
    Entire Portfolio: http://www.builtbyugene.com/index.html

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gene_can_sing View Post
    Sorry Mitch, just to clarify. "This is definitely in the works," is that referring to compressed 240fps 4:2:2 10-bit?

Thanks again for taking the time out for all the questions.
    Yes, that is what it is referring to. Not on initial release, but coming very soon as free firmware upgrade (if you buy FS700 recording option).
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

7. Collapse Details
    Hi Mitch, can you re-clarify what the Sony FS 700 option for the 7Q will include on the first batch shipping? Also ballpark roadmap timing for your anticipated completed package. thks

8. Collapse Details
    Well, there are several things going right now so I cannot confirm everything that will happen. For FS700 we currently have 2K RAW recording available, including 240fps continuous capture. We pledge to have a 4K solution, but for several reasons I cannot go into exactly what that will be yet. We also will have a high quality HD which is derived directly from the 4K RAW. And maybe a few other tricks -- again I cannot be specific.

Right now our schedule has four major firmware updates scheduled over the next several months. The first two will take care of almost everything we've promised plus some other tidbits. The later two address some functions we've come up with over time, including some ideas I've tossed into the mix since joining the company. But all of this remains a bit up for grabs because as we show the early units to various clients we get requests for certain features, and that can mean some juggling to the schedule. If a major client wants a certain function enabled and they plan to buy a lot of units, we have to prioritize. Or sometimes someone comes up with an idea that never occurred to us, and we like it so much we find a way to work it into the roadmap. I can tell you that this has happened A LOT since the Odyssey program was first announced.

Don't worry about this making the Odyssey7Q sound like an unfinished device. It will always remain this way. The unit is very functional on first delivery and will have nearly all promised functions shortly. But we're in this for the long haul and have put tons of extra capacity within the system's processor. The idea is that we will continue to list to client needs and add functionality. The Odyssey7Q is not meant to be "this year's model" but instead be a device with enough capability that you can use it for quite some time. So it might be "fully functional" in a couple of months, but a year from now we may come back with another update which adds stuff you never dreamed of.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

9. Collapse Details
    But we're in this for the long haul and have put tons of extra capacity within the system's processor. The idea is that we will continue to list to client needs and add functionality. The Odyssey7Q is not meant to be "this year's model" but instead be a device with enough capability that you can use it for quite some time.
    This is the biggest thing that attracted me to the Oddysey. I went to NAB this year with budget to replace my limited field monitor with one that had exposure tools. I have a kiPro so I wasn't really shopping for a recorder, but once I saw the 7Q with its functionality and potential expandability (not to mention FS700 slow motion & 4k support that my kiPro doesn't have) I decided to budget a bit more and wait for this product. Since then, I've been very impressed with how Dan and you have kept folks informed and have listened; thank you both for that.

I still haven't quite decided which way I'll go regarding some of the third party accessories. I haven't seen a sun hood that looks to be a very simple quick on-off one as yet. I'm also undecided about the various power options since I have plenty of Pani and Sony camcorder batteries and a couple of V-mounts as well. I may hold off on some of these until more options are available or I see some feedback from folks on the accessories they choose. <--- not so subtle hint to keep us informed of any new developments in the accessory area as you do with the Oddysey itself.
    ----------------------
    Chuck
    rendering with pixel
    http://www.digitalspectra.com

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks, I'll try to keep this info updated as well.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast