Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Well done! Nice take on an old story/legend. Beautiful to look at and the lead actress gets my vote for best female lead!
    Never a dissapointment from you AJ.
    Cheers to all involved.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by zucked View Post
    Hate to be this guy, since I know so so many other factors go into your visuals -- which were phenomenal, by the way -- but what camera was this shot on? Well done on a beautiful film
    Canon C100.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

3. Collapse Details
    We went all out and shot on a fisher price pixel vision camera for main unit, and an iPhone for b cam. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by zucked View Post
    Hate to be this guy, since I know so so many other factors go into your visuals -- which were phenomenal, by the way -- but what camera was this shot on? Well done on a beautiful film
    Cheers,
    Ryan E. Walters
    Cinematographer
    www.ryanewalters.com - Tutorials - IMDB - Twitter - REEL
    Specializing in Digital Cinematography

"Too often people get caught up in the technical end of things ... They are missing the point completely. This way there is no proper input of individual personality." Vittorio Storaro, ASC, AIC.

Whirlpool GC5SHAXVS / WFW9400SZ / GFE471LVS / GU3600XTVY / GH7208XRS / WFW9400SZ / WED9750WW / GLS3665RS / and on back order, but expected in soon MTKS-230-C

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Brooks View Post
    Canon C100.
    Great film. I want the C100 as my next camera.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan E. Walters View Post
    We went all out and shot on a fisher price pixel vision camera for main unit, and an iPhone for b cam. ;)
    Yeah, Ryan wanted to break the bank and shoot on a laptop webcam, but I had to hold the reins and limit him to the more affordable Fisher Price and a stolen iPhone.

Had to remind him -- the enemy of art is the absence of limitations.

6. Collapse Details
    is it okay for me to say this was my favorite of the bunch? not that there weren't other shorts nearly as good, but the writing, dialogue and performances here were such knockouts that it put it over the top for me. and the cinematography, production design, editing, sound design, etc all came together in a great way.

7. Collapse Details
    Awesome! Thanks Zak! Glad you enjoyed it.

8. Collapse Details
    You did not disappoint as always. The one crit I have is how your camera leads into the actors lines.
    J.D once said that the camera should follow the actors lines.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

9. Collapse Details
    Quick review (going to try to do this for each film)

Writing: This was probably one of the places I felt this film might have been the weakest. Not that any of the writing was "bad" but that it seemed to drag out a little. I could kind of see where the film was going, and basically knew from the beginning that she was a "voice" tormenting him. I just thought that some of the writing could have been a little more lean, specifically in the opening scene. That having been said, the dialog was extremely natural sounding, and never felt "written". I know this has a lot to do with your cast, which leads me to....

Acting: The strongest point of this film. Excellent cast, the two leads were awesome! I really don't have much to say here, because they were terrific! It's hard to sell "talking to yourself" but your male lead did a wonderful job.

Cinematography: Really good stuff from a look standpoint. Some of your darker scenes had a bit of "noise" but that isn't something that really bothers me. The lighting was balanced, natural, and your compositions looked GREAT!

Editing: As I mentioned in the writing note above, I felt like the film could have been leaner. I found myself wanting to see what happened next instead of listening more to her torture him. I think shaving a little here and there could have made this tighter and have more of a "pow" factor. I always find myself edging on the edge of "too fast" when I cut, so I know I do have that tendency. Editing for pace has a lot to do with preference too. As far as the technical side to the edit, flawless.

Overall: A very solid short film! I am glad I got to see it, and proud that a fellow DVXuser made it. I wasn't surprised however from seeing your past work. I wouldn't be surprised if you were in the top films of this festival. Good work.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

10. Collapse Details
    I really enjoyed the performance by Lavenda Memory.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast