Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    Congrats, AJ and team! Another 1st place entry.

2. Collapse Details
    Congratulations!!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

3. Collapse Details
    Congratulations AJ and crew. Always good stuff

4. Collapse Details
    Congrats AJ! Good work!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

5. Collapse Details
    Hey!

The Two Wolves was a very elegantly shot, well cast and performed piece, with some very brief crude editing (during an initial conversation scene) that rectifies itself after a minute. Namely where we cut into actors speaking there lines - the choppiness here didn't let the dialogue fall so smoothly but once fixed it worked a charm.

The story - based on Native American Tale was not entirely accessible, but the basic premise of psychological horror/quasi-supernatural was effective. Especially in tone and atmosphere. The ending with the fingerprints - worked well BUT...

BUT....

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.....

As is too common for you AJ... it was a little hard to make out haha a vital plot element (not so much in your script as can be the case in some previous works, but for a simple shot essential to the satisfaction of your stories end. An obscure shot... shouldn't hold your film so hostage to an audiences understanding? Why risk it? WHY AJ... WHY!!!?!) I had to really go back to it and study the shot to figure it out. Seems obvious once you know... but you won't always have that second chance with audiences, and their assumption will be it is YOU who doesn't know what he's doing... not that there too stupid to figure it out. Consider that if you should produce a feature film and the difference which with folks (and users) will review your work!

Be wary of this!

Um and that's about it... Great work man! It's a dose of genre with genuine artistic merit. It's noteworthy however that Black out won the audience vote (and that this film came first ONLY due to a panel.) It's what the audience thinks that is important (in reality...) and I think, by just making sure - genuinely making SURE... that the smart ideas you have come across that bit more clearly would have seen that statistic increase.

And it deserves to, as you are a very gifted filmmaker and it would be a shame for inaccessibility to limit the appeal of your work especially if you should decide to pursue the genre in feature territory. As someone who is keen to see you develop a feature film, it... would suffer particularly more than your shorts from the sometimes cryptic editing styles you employ!

A worthy winner, but I genuinely wish I could have reaaaally loved it AJ than just really liking it - it's so close!
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678