Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Collapse Details
    Africa Wildlife Safari
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    157
    Default
    Spent 2 weeks in Kenya and Tanzania shooting for International Expeditions. 90% is my AC160 the other 10% is my HMC150 and a few GoPro Hero 3 shots. Loved the long lens on the AC160!

    Pretty much everything is shot hand held from the back of a Land Cruiser using a camera saddle, so I used Warp Stabilizer in AE to help get the bumps out.

    Enjoy!

    https://vimeo.com/76431590

    Cheers

    John


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14
    Default
    Nice work. Thanks for posting it.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #3
    Senior Member kwkeirstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hudson, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    747
    Default
    I agree. Nice work. Did you have anything on auto? Did you copy over your SD cards each day to a hard disk?


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    157
    Default
    Thanks for the comments, Walter.

    I set my exposure with auto, then switch to manual before I roll.

    Focus was 80% on manual; zoom in, focus, re-frame.

    For backup, I double recorded on the cameras using 64 GB cards. Double recording is a bit of a pain, if you switch to time-lapse or 60P, you have to remember to switch back to double recording again. I only went through 8 cards on my 160. With the price of cards now, you can almost treat them like tape, shoot once on them and then store them away safely.

    Cheers

    John


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #5
    Senior Member C Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    489
    Default
    awesome job!

    I filmed a doco in TZ earlier this year


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Default
    Great footage and very natural looking colours, could you please share the scene file you used. Thanks


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    157
    Default
    Thanks for the kind words. I use the "spark" setting on both my cameras. I also colour correct in Davinci Resolve.


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Default
    Great, I need to start learning Davinci Resolve it seems thanks for the input


    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •