Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Slider recommendations
    Does any have recommendations for a slider? I am looking at the edelkrone, does anyone use it?

2. Collapse Details
    I just replaced the Edelkrone with the Cinevate Duzi. I absolutely love it! While not the longest slider, it's buttery smooth. If you are looking for portability though, this slider is the one to get. Carbon fiber on 19mm rails and can handle some serious weight. It's just lovely.
    http://www.cinevate.com/store2/duzi-....W0fJShTC.dpbs

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    I just replaced the Edelkrone with the Cinevate Duzi.
    Could you tell me some more about your experience with the Edelkrone and why you switched? What length did you have, and was it the original Slider Plus?

And of course, if the Duzi is better, what are the main benefits?

Thanks,
    A

4. Collapse Details
    I highly recommend the Konova series sliders, absolutely silky smooth & very affordable. A friend of mine also recently replaced his Edelkrone with a 60cm Konova after using mine mainly because the Konova offers more versatility as a ground slider.

5. Collapse Details
    The Duzi is on my shopping list.
    Drew Curran
    A7Sii & GH4

www.pixol.co
    facebook l twitter l vimeo

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    I just replaced the Edelkrone with the Cinevate Duzi. I absolutely love it! While not the longest slider, it's buttery smooth. If you are looking for portability though, this slider is the one to get. Carbon fiber on 19mm rails and can handle some serious weight. It's just lovely.
    http://www.cinevate.com/store2/duzi-....W0fJShTC.dpbs

How noisy is it? I just used a Cinevate Atlas One for the first time last week and found it to be much noisier than I prefer.
    RED 8K EPIC-W HELIUM | SONY FS7 | CANON C100

Twitter @traviswears
    Instagram @traviswears

www.traviswears.com

7. Collapse Details
    I use the rhino slider pro with my C300 its super smooth (in fact I think that cinevate have based their new duzi on the design of the rhino) prior to that I used the konova which was ok but it was no where near as smooth as the rhino I found the Konova had a little wobble due to the narrowness of the rails and was not really that smooth steel bearings running on steel rails, prior to that I had an Igus based slider which was ok if you kept a can of silicon spray to use with it but it then allowed dust and dirt particles to stick to it. Really like the fact that the rhino also has carbon or stainless steel rods and is 2 feet or 4 feet long and collapses down into very little for transport, for me it ticks all the boxes if I lost it I would buy it again.
    http://www.rhinocameragear.com/Rhino Slider PRO
    I am nothing to do with them and bought it when they did a kickstarter campaign and just think it is a great piece of equipment

It is also silent due to the coated bearings unlike the konova
    Last edited by Steve Benjamin; 10-06-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: update

8. Collapse Details
    The Cinevate Duzi looks very nice. I might have to get that one. Price is so good and can hold a Red one! Thats very versatile. Thanks Dustylense.
    VIMEO: http://www.vimeo.com/eriknaso
    YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/ErikNaso
    TWITTER: eriknaso https://twitter.com/ErikNaso?lang=en
    BLOG: www.eriknaso.com
    Cams: C300, FS7, A7s II & anything else I can get my hands on.
    Lenses: More than my wife knows. ssshhh....

9. Collapse Details
    Several good options. I like the price on the Duzi and it is carbon fiber. Do you find that two feet is usually sufficient?

10. Collapse Details
    The Duzi:

Dead silent Andree.

Yes, for most applications the 2 feet of slide is enough. It's a portable slider after all.

I've had quite a few sliders:
    The Kessler Cineslider 3ft. Great product but was just a big heavy and took time to set up and move.
    The Konova K3 2ft and 5ft. I still have both and they are good sliders. But you need to keep them absolutely clean to work properly. They are built for Dslrs though. THey really can't handle too much weight especially center mounting.
    The Edlekrone Slider+ (frist version). It's a cool gadget but it just has too many pieces that need to be adjusted to work properly. I found myself tuning the slider more than getting good shots with it. It's made for light package dslrs. And it's actually quite heavy for such a small device. They have updated the slider (only took them a few months to update it which in my mind says they released a product that really wasn't all that well thought out in the first place). The Duzi really does kick the Slider+ in the balls. You can mount a Red One MX on it without issue.
    I do have a floor dolly and 16ft of track. So if I need a long dolly shot I use it.

I really like the Duzi and my quest for a run and gun short portable slider has been fulfilled. Great product and well built and can handle some serious weight. No more rainbow effect shots with a heavier camera package center mounted.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast