Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmith View Post
    Progress: I now see the metadata in the Viewer app. If I were to edit the files in the Viewer and write to media, it apparently will name the files according to metadata followed by sequential numbers generated by the camera. I didn't try it but that's what it looks like it will do.
    I don't believe it will. I'm no expert on AVCCAM Viewer, I only ran it a little, but I don't believe it will ever change the filename, it only updates the metadata references. The filenames will forever be "00090.mts", etc.

Anyway, I'd love to understand how I can see this data in CS6. I'm looking for an easy way to name cameras and thus distinguish between multiple cameras by looking at the filenames or some other visibly apparent indicator, in my editor. CamA, CamB, etc. I have used these as my User File Names in the metadata.
    That's exactly what the metadata is for, and I've done this same type of thing from P2. And the P2 metadata is identical to the AVCCAM metadata. The only question is -- will CS6 support that aspect of the metadata? And I don't know the answer to that, as I don't have CS6.

Glad you're making progress. Maybe ping David Jimerson, I believe he's a CS6 user and he may have some AVCCAM footage with the metadata and may be able to answer your question more thoroughly. Good luck!

2. Collapse Details
    Hmm. All very interesting re Panasonic and Adobe. I agree. Your method of DISP/MODE CHK not working for me.

Interestingly, it looks like the AVCAM Viewer, on import, renames the file name itself to whatever you had installed under User File Name. You can see that by right-clicking on an imported clip in the editor and selecting Metadata.

I assume that this metadata is actually there but that Premiere cannot see it.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12