Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I knew someone that had a similar problem with canon camera, it was the battery grip losing connection and causing the camera to shut off.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thabo View Post
    Just to clarify guys, I do not have a bad card, just clip! I am still using the non OEM battery WITH the OEM battery and just had another issue today.

The corrupted clip issue can be reproduced if you pull the battery while you are still recording so I can perhaps assume the battery is the problem??

I would say that you can certainly more than perhaps just assume that. That is pretty conclusive evidence that the problem is battery related.

I certainly hope that you are listening to all of the feedback that you are getting here. You don't seem to have acknowledged anyone's input since your second post on the first page, which really comes across as being a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by thabo View Post
    it's footage is not as sharp as my GH2 (Moon t7)

I would say that the overwhelming consensus among most people that have used both cameras is just the opposite.
    Canon Vixia HF G10. PANASONIC AG-AC130 . PANASONIC GH2 AND GH3 . Nikon D600. Adobe Premier Pro CS 6
    Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM100 . RODE VIDEOMIC PRO . AUDIO-TECHNICA BP4029 STEREO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceOregon View Post
    I would say that you can certainly more than perhaps just assume that. That is pretty conclusive evidence that the problem is battery related.

I certainly hope that you are listening to all of the feedback that you are getting here. You don't seem to have acknowledged anyone's input since your second post on the first page, which really comes across as being a bit odd.

I would say that the overwhelming consensus among most people that have used both cameras is just the opposite.
    +1

Expecting anything but a corrupted clip when a battery dies? Strange...
    Dan Carter: Panasonic TM700, GH2 and GH3, Sony RX100II and RX10, Final Cut Pro X
    http://www.vimeo.com/user582748

4. Collapse Details
    Why are you using the battery grip? I have a GH3 and am a full time videographer filming long presentations and short interviews on a daily basis. The stock battery lasts over an hour and a half so I never have a problem filming weddings or presentations. at that length I can always switch out batteries if needed (which I havent had to yet). I havent spent more than $30 bucks on a 16 or 32gb memory card and they have all worked flawless (although i'm not taking quick photos ever).

I had this issue once with my GH2 a while back but that was because the battery died while I was filming. Sounds like a battery issue to me. I would just use the panasonic battery without the grip and if you need to switch batteries after one runs out you can do that quick.

5. Collapse Details
    You might use the battery grip for very long timelapse photography sequences. It also makes photography in portrait mode more enjoyable.

6. Collapse Details
    An hour and a half?
    We shoot a pair of GH3s in the field, doing a ton of outdoor film making and the batteries last more like four hours, with the camera virtually never turned off.
    That's including cold weather shooting.

7. Collapse Details
    Haven't had to shoot more than an hour and a half straight. Still had lots of battery left.

If your using the battery grip for timelaps then you won't need to worry about it dying and posing the last clip shot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123