1. Collapse Details
    M42 EOS Adapter Question
    Hi, I posted my question in another thread but no luck (meaning I searched, found an appropriate thread and posted but no love). So I am hoping I can get some help.

I recently bought a supertak 35/3.5, 28/3.5, 55/1.8. I found the ebay link above and I think it looks like this one, which is a bit cheaper if I get free shipping (I do notice the 2 to 4 weeks thing).
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

But there is also this silver more expensive type 2 version.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I can't tell the difference, except for look?

Can anyone point me the in right direction? Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    I have the first, cheaper one that I use for my SuperTakumar lenses and I have no complaints, gets the job done just fine. Since the m42 mount is just a simple thread, you simply tighten the lens to the adapter and there is no play between the adapter and lens. I could see why for other adapters different versions are necessary, when the adapter needs more than a simple thread to connect. For instance, with Nikkor lenses I have a cheaper adapter where there is play between the lens and adapter, and a more expensive one, which is more snug. But, like I said, since the m42 mount is just a simple thread, there's no need to spend money on an expensive adapter, when they are all doing the same thing.

3. Collapse Details
    With M42 to EOS adaptors, I have found that there are two different versions that you can purchase. One with a 'flange' and one without a 'flange'. Basically some M42 lenses require the pine at the back of the rear element to be pressed in order the aperture blades to work, without the pin being pressed you are stuck at 'wide open'.
    For example the Helios 58mm f/2 requires the adaptor with a flange, whilst the Chinon 200mm will work without the pin being pressed down.
    Hope this helps, feel free to message me if you need any other questions answered.