Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinhello View Post
    No love for 1D C?
    It kind of makes sense that firmware updates are handled differently between C100-500 and 1Dc. It's not the same sensor and I wouldn't be surprised if the 1Dc is handled by totally different people.

But Canon has asked for feedback on the 1Dc as well, so I'm crossing my fingers that they will update that one as well at some point in the not too distant future.

I'm looking for Wide DR profile and new framerate options such as 1fps for timelapse without wearing down the shutter. In the 1Dc this makes especially much sense, because of 4k frames and a solid codec.

S35 @60fps (and as sharp) would be pretty swell as well.

2. Collapse Details
    Great update, but, with the C500 update, the "Canon Log LUT function now lets you simultaneously view a color-graded version of your recorded RAW footage via a 3G-SDI video connection to an external monitor." I wonder why they can't provide a similar feature for the C300 and C100?

3. Collapse Details
    They kinda have something like that on the C100 when shooting C-Log (not sure about the C300), they call it View Assist (I think).

I'm very glad to hear about the magnification shift feature, that's going to be very helpful.

I'm disappointed that that C100 didn't get 60p at any resolution, but I'm not surprised.
    I would expect the C300 to get 1080 60p before the C100 would.
    Tim Nitsch Films
    Camera Op & Editor
    Vimeo|Staff Me Up

4. Collapse Details
    So with 80000 coming do you think 20000 got cleaned up at all????

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinhello View Post
    No love for 1D C?
    +1

Where is the 1D-C love?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreeOnline View Post
    It kind of makes sense that firmware updates are handled differently between C100-500 and 1Dc. It's not the same sensor and I wouldn't be surprised if the 1Dc is handled by totally different people.

But Canon has asked for feedback on the 1Dc as well, so I'm crossing my fingers that they will update that one as well at some point in the not too distant future.

I'm looking for Wide DR profile and new framerate options such as 1fps for timelapse without wearing down the shutter. In the 1Dc this makes especially much sense, because of 4k frames and a solid codec.

S35 @60fps (and as sharp) would be pretty swell as well.
    These ideas sound great. I also hope there is:

1. live histogram (especially if they could relocate the live view to the top section of the screen with an ample live histogram below it in the unused black crop)

2. A wide DR picture style that could intercut with c-log, and maybe even be customizable in the Canon Picture Style Editor.

3. Would be nice to have a true silent mode, where the sensor and screen can be turned 'on' and 'off', without the mirror flipping. I find the mirror *slap* is obtrusive in some documentary situations.

Full list of 1D-C firmware wish list:
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...post1986336334

7. Collapse Details
    I know people here and all around the boards are tired reading this BUT: why give the C100 no more fps!!! WHY? C'mon... nobody cares about 80.000ISO!!! My 5 year old 7D can do that.
    I wonder when the EOS line will get a hardware update...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dvxkoji View Post
    I know people here and all around the boards are tired reading this BUT: why give the C100 no more fps!!! WHY? C'mon... nobody cares about 80.000ISO!!! My 5 year old 7D can do that.
    I wonder when the EOS line will get a hardware update...
    I am sorry. I feel you are being unfair to Canon.

I still have my 1D Mark IV. It was good in lowlight among its competitors. I had even shot ISO 12800 with Mark IV and I know what kind of noise it had. Please don't expect Canon to be just increasing the gain/amplification of the signal and using it as a selling point in the Cinema camera range. If it wanted to do that, then it could have easily given us ISO 102400 like the Mark IV and 7D. Those ISOs are simply unsuitable for any cinema work.

I am sure the ISO 80,000 in the C300/C500/C100 will have noise, however it will be usable. I am ready to use a touch of noise reduction with neat video when required. However, the ISO 80,000 is huge. Be prepared to see many creative uses. I was dreaming about it, but had never thought that it will happen in C300. It is huge. I will now push back the completion of my film by a couple of months, just to make use of this high ISO ability after it is launched in november.

Never in the history of Canon had they increased the high ISO ability of a camera through firmware upgrades. This should also be read as a very strong signal by Canon that they are going to support these C300/C500/C100 cameras for sometime. They have created something which other competitors don't have. Your C100 now has a USP (Unique Selling Proposition) of being low light champions which other brands don't have. You may consider pitching the high ISO ability to your clients rather than beating Canon and feeling bad about it.

I am ready to get another cheaper camera with high frame rates and ask my assistant to shoot with it during important moments so that I can get max 10 seconds to cut with my C300 footage.

9. Collapse Details
    actually there IS a little love for 1D C if you read the official press release, 1D C will be getting EF Cine lens metadata compatibility and selectable audio input level (line/mic).

I hope they incorporate more updates when its released in Q4 this year, i don't wanna send my camera in every few months...

10. Collapse Details
    I'd like a proper time lapse feature on the C100. Though I have my 550d Magic Lantern for that. But it would be nice.

Say if Canon gave the C100 1080 50/60p and the C300 1080 120p would that keep things on an even playing field for those who spent the extra dosh? The C500 can keep its 4K! Oh and under & over cranking... dream on!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast