Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    LG Ultra HD screen prank
    Not sure if this is real, or it's all acted, but it's pretty funny stuff:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=424_1378224156

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I don't buy that for a second.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

3. Collapse Details
    you would notice if the city outside didn't change as you moved around the room. If people really thought that was a window and you could see the whole city they would probably take a second to look outside and realize right away that the city view remains the same no matter where they are in the room... maybe if they opened up some blinds or something after the person was seated it would be more believable

4. Collapse Details
    Rockin the Boat
    The horrible acting always gives away the game, no matter what it is. If you've ever seen real people actually react on candid camera, you'd see the difference instantly. In other words: bad actors are gonna bad - quelle surprise...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCorpse View Post
    The horrible acting always gives away the game, no matter what it is. If you've ever seen real people actually react on candid camera, you'd see the difference instantly. In other words: bad actors are gonna bad - quelle surprise...
    Exactly. The problem is everyone reacted to it the way one might expect. In reality most people wouldn't believe what they're seeing and have to take a second look. Just like with any sudden disaster or shocking moment. Usually people would just be dumbfounded, staring blankly, unsure about what's going on, and then some might react. I doubt they'd start yelling and screaming the second they see it coming into view.

In fact if I see a big meteorite hitting I'd first think, "whoa cool!" not "OMG I'm going to die!"

Not to mention the guy at the end that freaks out after they reveal it's a joke is just way too much.

This is just sad.

It's also a bit hard to believe because of perspectives. As you walk into the room, the image on the screen would have to move to take into account the person's eyesight. Even if the image is totally believable, and they aren't focusing on the window at first, it would stick out like a sore thumb and they would take note of it right away, just because it's so unnatural. Not to mention they'd notice it when they look at it, then jump out of the chair and their perspectives change.

Then there's the fact that most of the light of the room should be coming from that window, and the whole room is just lit so unnaturally. But that may be because I work with lighting.
    Last edited by Jon Starr; 09-04-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    "Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms." - Alfred Hitchcock

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectorxd View Post
    you would notice if the city outside didn't change as you moved around the room. If people really thought that was a window and you could see the whole city they would probably take a second to look outside and realize right away that the city view remains the same no matter where they are in the room... maybe if they opened up some blinds or something after the person was seated it would be more believable
    This is the answer. A flat screen would instantly be perceived as a flat screen. No one would be fooled by it.

7. Collapse Details
    Boring Senior Member ilauzirika's Avatar
    ohhh man talk about casting the wrong actors...they may be good doing other stuff, but in this case they simply aren't. The idea is good, and I would love to see it done by the just for laughs team, those really are masters of the trade!
    Iņaki Lauzirika
    My Dreamstime profile
    IMDB page
    Panasonic HMC151 #302

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectorxd View Post
    But that's it...we can see they walked in with their eyes on the interviewer ready to shake his hand. Didn't take note of the screen or they otherwise could have just assumed it was an open window without giving any care. It could very well be faked. But I think if one were to somehow get around the perspective issue (seating them making sure they are not looking outside the window at first) then it could easily be pulled off.

9. Collapse Details
    looked real to me.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    This is the answer. A flat screen would instantly be perceived as a flat screen. No one would be fooled by it.
    James-Cameron-informationist-film-production.jpg

This is why we need 3D ULTRA HD 8K resolution at 60fps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast