1. Collapse Details
    Advantages of P2 Viewer Plus ?
    Question
    The interface sure does look sleek, but I am not sure about the benefits of this version.
    I guess the main one for me is being able to use it on Win7 64bit. It seems there's no longer a need for Virtual P2 Cards?
    And what's this "Premium Feature Management" ? They're charging us now for something that used to be free?
    I wonder how it compares to the P2 Contents Management Software?

2. Collapse Details
    P2CMS is a totally different thing. Totally different. Maybe it improved after I gave up on it, but it was an incomprehensible PITA the last time I tried.

The standard version of P2 Viewer works fine on W7 64-bit; you just need to get the 64-bit version.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

3. Collapse Details
    Getting back to P2 Viewer Plus and Metadata... can somebody explain why there are two separate types of editable clip info?
    Property > Clip Property takes me to a screen where Global Clip ID, User Clip Name, Video, Audio, Access, Device, Shoot, Scenario, News, Memo and Thumbnail are found.
    Whereas Metadata > Property takes me to a different screen where User Clip Name, Creator, Shoot, Place Name, Scenario, News and Memo are found.
    I was able to edit some of the input fields on Property > Clip Property from the P2 Viewer Plus... Pasting the metadata to the clip. It worked fine and I could read all the info ( including a long Text Memo ) on the camera.
    When I checked the Metadata > Property fields however, none of the fields had been updated, the old text memo still there , User Clip name, etc.
    Why is this? Who needs two separate loads of *editable* info for the same clip? Two separate "Text Memos" ?

Sorry about the long question... I'll try starting a separate thread on it if it doesn't get explained here.

4. Collapse Details
    Well, I think I got this one figured out. It seems editing metadata fields is no problem in P2 Viewer Plus, as long as you save / update the changes to the SD card. If you're trying to get this info updated on the P2 card and read it on the camera, that works too (except for the Text Memo I think - once it's been pasted to the clip, it can't change ), but most of the time we only want the P2 clips on the computer to be updated.

5. Collapse Details
    Agonizingly slow on my computer. Went back to the original or even better you can just use VLC media player to view mxf files on the P2 card.
    Regards,

Mark

GH5, Panasonic 12-60, 14-45, 45-175, Olympus 60 macro, 75-300, Benro S6 Tripod, Rhino Carbon 24" Slider, and Edius 8.5 WG.
    Video channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/3523
    Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/mark29#1/2063