Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Wow, this is crazy. So many films dropping out???

The amount of work involved with all parties is anything but small. I think most of us had falling outs before but if there is a way to professionally address the situation than I say go for it. There is a lot of stress making a film regardless if we realize it or not and heavy demands on everyone. Maybe a day or two breather than try to rectify the situation.

Good luck.

2. Collapse Details
    Matt is exactly right. I'm entering our film despite some lame drama and ongoing issues. Too many people sacrificed considerable time/energy/$ to just not make it past this fest's finish line, which was the impetus for the film in the first place.

Do what you can to find a compromise and get 'r done!

3. Collapse Details
    Again the simple beauty of working alone shines through!

Don't get me wrong, I have arguments with myself often and some times have to take drastic action!
    (especially when I forget to take my meds) But I always find a way to make it work...I just keep telling myself:
    "I'm a filmmaker and so am I"

You can get this done and in...have faith....and if that fails, have a beer!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Again the simple beauty of working alone shines through!
    The collaborative nature of filmmaking...we hates it!! We only needs the precious!!

5. Collapse Details
    Is there anyway to finish, even if you need to get someone else to finish the shoot?

Zaza, dude! I had fun working with you, we made a great two-man band. I wrote the script and you did everything else - LOL.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pborghee View Post
    PS...Marlon and Alec are lucky cuz we would have whiped the floor with them. haha!
    You'd better finish this and enter it. You still owe me $5, and I intend to get it before my son goes off to college.

7. Collapse Details
    Alright guys I decided to release the film with what we had since the DP and the Director are still fighting. HOWEVER I just received a phone call tonight from the writer of the short stating that she had already done a copyright on the script and since it was still hers she wouldn't allow me to release the short until we could fully tell the story how the script intended. So since the Director and the DP are still fighting and a writer who I assume has a law degree lol wont allow me to share this short I apologize again but Theater Cleaning in Progress will not be released on Halloween for everyone's viewing pleasure.

8. Collapse Details
    Hey at least you tried!

As for the writer pulling copyright rank, that is the exact reason why I don't shoot other people's scripts.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

9. Collapse Details
    wow, seriously? If I do use someone's script, which was only once and that is for this fest, I make sure release forms are signed up front. I learned the hard way. Everyone I work with signs one. No offense to anyone just business. I even had Zaza sign one back in 2011 when he worked with me as AD on a music video.

Really sorry to see all that drama drop everything through the roof on ya. Good luck in the future and keep us in the loop with any future projects.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK ASH View Post
    I even had Zaza sign one back in 2011 when he worked with me as AD on a music video.
    Yeah... about that.... my lawyer will be in touch!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast