1. Collapse Details
    Personal-view website is down and I need to download ptools! Can anyone help?
    My brand new gh2 just arrived in the mail today after upgrading from a gh1 and I tried to download ptools but none of vitality's websites are currently working! I can't find a link to ptools anywhere that isn't hosted on his website. If someone could send me another link or the actual file that would be amazing as I have a wedding to shoot tomorrow and the stock firmware just won't cut it! Thanks so much!

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    Yea the link is down to both of the sites! That one included unfortunately. Is it working for you?

4. Collapse Details
    Not working for me... I'd help you if I could but I no longer have a copy on my computer. I'm sure it will be back up soon though.
    alex welgraven // www.alexwelgraven.com

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for confirming it's down at least! I hope it comes back on this evening because I am cutting it down to the wire as I have my wedding shoot at 1pm tomorrow afternoon! Which hack would you recommend for the most reliable high quality video? I know all of the gh1 settings but this is an entirely new camera.

6. Collapse Details
    Back up and running now! At least the GH1 info site is.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Knight View Post
    Thanks for confirming it's down at least! I hope it comes back on this evening because I am cutting it down to the wire as I have my wedding shoot at 1pm tomorrow afternoon! Which hack would you recommend for the most reliable high quality video? I know all of the gh1 settings but this is an entirely new camera.
    Is this is trick question? There are way too many variables and way too many patches out that ultimately affect that decision. GOP length, grade-ability, spanning, file size, card requirements, etc. There is no way to say which one as it all comes down to personal preference and needs. Best to do some testing, reading and more testing. Then, decide for yourself. Not sure I'd recommend going into a paid gig basically experimenting with patch and card combos that may or may not end up working for your needs. Plus the camera itself has a few quirks that require some minor work arounds in order to produce the best results. All of this has been discussed at great lengths both here as well as on personal-view. Google is your friend.

8. Collapse Details
    Are you trying to record the wedding the whole way through? If so... maybe just leave it unhacked for now... that way it will span clips with no problems for sure.

I personally use FlowMotion 2 in 24L mode (on class 10 genuine SanDisk cards) when I'm recording interviews or other "important" footage that I can't afford to have spanning failures or write speed errors. That's pretty rock solid for me.
    alex welgraven // www.alexwelgraven.com

9. Collapse Details
    Keep in mind I've been using a hacked gh1 for the past 3 years and know my way around that camera like the back of my hand! I'm just looking for something with a higher IQ that will make it better for motion and detail. I use nothing but 95mbps sandisk extreme cards and know how to tweak in ptools, but since I don't have much time I'd just like advice from users on what they use or would recommend. Thanks!

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks Awelgraven! That's exactly what I was looking for answer-wise! I have two other fixed cameras to record the ceremony in full I will be using my gh2 for close-ups and broll shots so I don't have to worry too much about file spanning expect for maybe the speeches. The flowmotion2.0 is the hack I was looking into the most.