1. Collapse Details
    People faces does not look sharp in a event.
    I have external light, even if daylight is available, faces look very very soft and is not sharp at all. I use manual settings,try to keep the gain less than 10, but image is dark, even in spite of good light. Image will light up only around 15db. WB is manual depending on the kind of light available. Lights used are CN 160 & Z96. Any idea or is there a particular setting I need to use, if I need to get sharp video.

Hssr

2. Collapse Details
    In daylight, your gain should be zero. Any gain = softening of the image. Make sure the SKIN DTL function is set to OFF. Faces should be very crisp.

3. Collapse Details
    Sorry, when I meant Daylight, there is some daylight coming in through windows, but still not enough to lighten the subject. Setting it to zero, was still dark. I think you had mentioned in your book about the skin dtl. Currently I have set it to OFF. When shooting indoors (mostly birthday, graduation parties and some weddings) I use the Scene 3, and usually I find keeping the white balance in ATW give me better results than 3.2 or 5.6, ofcourse depending on the lighting conditions. Other settings Detail Level +3, V detail 0, Detail Coring +1, Chroma Level +2, Master PED -1, Suto IRIS 0, DRS Off, Gama - B.Press, Matrix Norm1, Skin Detail - OFF. I also have Auto Slow Shutter on, Does it contribute to softness and color appearing more watery ?

Oh also what I found was when using Auto white balance, initially the video appears as kind of bluish, due to the overhead light, and at least it takes 8-10 seconds, before it takes on actual bright colors, but before that, I would have ended my shots. Also wanted to know if AC90 has the feature like touching the screen in a particular point to set the Auto Focus (like the one on Ac130) to that object, else nearest object is always focused.
    Last edited by hss_Rao; 07-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Your settings sound generally okay, but you'd be really helped by getting some more light in there.

If you have the auto slow shutter set to on, then it may very well be making everything blurry. Stick to a fixed shutter speed to avoid that.

The AC90 doesn't have a way to tell the camera to focus on a particular area of the frame. But, if you put the camera in all-auto mode, you can tell it to prioritize focus for faces. The AC90's all-auto mode can be surprisingly good, so you may want to test it and see how it performs.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Barry. I will set the Auto Slowshutter to off, and stick to 1/60 shutter speed for indoor shooting. I was also looking into R300 F&V ring light, it seemed to have almost 1900 + lumnes compared to 800 I have now. Does this light help, to get better sharpness ? (still collecting money for this) The video outdoors in Ac90 looks similar to my handheld HC-v700.

6. Collapse Details
    At this point the camera know better how to run itself than I do.
    Can I set a fixed shutter speed and still use iAuto for other settings? In other words, can I set some functions to manual and leave the others to the camera to figure out?

7. Collapse Details
    No, iauto means everything is auto.