1. Collapse Details
    HD Letterbox Template Pack v2 (Now 75 Free Letterbox Templates!)
    Initially released almost three years ago, I decided to do a little update with a second version of HD Letterbox Template Pack. I added five more aspect ratios to the original 70 and also added a white version of each template. Mediafire download link at the bottom. Please let me know if the link ever becomes dead or doesn't work for any reason.

HD LETTERBOX TEMPLATE PACK v2 INFO

Sometimes NLE applications (Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, etc.) don't have as many letterboxing options as we'd like. I've put together this template pack, with as many aspect ratio options as I could find, based on real film formats, as well as DSLR aspect ratios, and even a few other origins. It has most everything in-between Étienne-Jules Marey's Chronophotographe format aspect ratio (1.00:1), all the way up to 20th Century Fox's 1953-1957 CinemaScope (2.55:1) and beyond.

Popular aspect ratios featured in this pack include: 1.33:1, 1.85:1, 2.35:1, and 2.40:1.

Offering now 75 letterbox templates (both black AND white) in .PNG format, HD Letterbox Template Pack v2 covers 720p (1280x720) and 1080p (1920x1080). The master Photoshop files (.PSD) that were used to create the templates are also included. This will allow you to export any template in any transparency-supporting image format (or any color) you prefer. Prior Photoshop experience recommended but minor instructions are included for Photoshop beginners.

COMPATIBILITY

HD Letterbox Template Pack v2 is compatible with any NLE video editor (of any operating system) that has an editable timeline involving layers, HD capabilities, and supports image formats containing transparency.

Although the templates have NOT been tested for this, they should be down-scalable to any footage with a native aspect ratio of 16:9 (square pixels).

Tested in, and fully functional with Final Cut Pro 7.

ALSO INCLUDED

Aspect Ratio Origins: A .txt file including a link to the Wiki page that explains the origins, creators, and uses of most of the aspect ratios included in this pack.

Quick Reference: A quick reference list of the most common aspect ratios (and a few "off beat" as well) converted to their purest forms (4:3 to 1.33:1, 7:3 to 2.33:1, etc.), as well as a quick reference list of common aspect ratio crop sizes (1080p 1.85:1 = 1920x1038, 1080p 2.35:1 = 1920x817, etc).

Read Me File: Includes some useful information about what the product is, how to read the template file format, etc.

Complete set of 1080p and 720p (4.59 MB)
    [Download Link:] http://www.mediafire.com/download/ue...ARTFORD%5D.zip

Any issues, feel free to private message me or post a reply to this thread.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Better late than never man, thanks alot!
    "it's not what or whom you use, it's how you use them..."

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by EHartford View Post
    Initially released almost three years ago [..] Offering now 75 letterbox templates (both black AND white) in .PNG format,[..] The master Photoshop files (.PSD) that were used to create the templates are also included.
    Thanks! I like the option of both .DNG and .PSD files. Thanks for sharing.
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks Ehartford!!

This is really really really useful. And i'm sure a lot of people have thanked you.

Thanks. Much appreciated!

Eddie from Singapore.

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you for your hard work.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinh View Post
    Thank you for your hard work.
    In dispensable. Truly thanks.

Any 4K versions? 1080p scaled looks great nevertheless.
    http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=48414

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks man!

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the input! I finally saw this response just last night and I apologize for getting back with you in such a delayed fashion, I was never notified via e-mail that people were actually responding to this thread and I barely ever come on here anymore. Are you still interested in a 4K version?

9. Collapse Details
    I'd bet more than a few folks would be interested in a 4K version.

If they're not... well then they have no class and their mothers probably never hugged them.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cameras: Panasonic: GH2, GH3, GH4, Sony: RX100 ii, Canon: 6D, T2i, 80D, SL2, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x3),
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine