1. Collapse Details
    XH A1 replacement?
    Hi all!

I've decided to sell my Canon XH A1, and buy a replacement, that shoots FullHD(1920x1080) to memorycards like an SD or CF card. The question is, what do I buy?

I'd like to have the same features and connections, as my XH A1, but I'd also prefer a shouldermounted camera with (at least) a decent viewfinder. I've been looking at the Panasonic HDC MDH1 and the Panasonic AG-HMC 82, where the last one is much more expensive than the first one. Which of these would you choose? Would you choose something complete different from this? It shouldn't be anymore than £2000.

EDIT: I have also considered saving a little more up, and getting a C100. Maybe I can find one used at a good price?
    Last edited by Andreashej; 06-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    The Panasonic AC130A or 160A are very similar to the XH A1 in features and design shooting to SD cards. Not traditional shoulder mount, but they have excellent IQ. If you get the C100, don't forget you'd need to add lenses to that cost as well.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the answer

I already have several great L-lenses for my 1D Mark III, so thats no problem

4. Collapse Details
    How does the XF100 compare to these cameras?

5. Collapse Details
    Great codec and 4:2:2, but...you'll lose zoom, the low light won't be as good, and some of the physical controls are not there since it's a smaller cam. The XF300 is the true replacement to the xha1.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pulpfiction007 View Post
    Great codec and 4:2:2, but...you'll lose zoom, the low light won't be as good, and some of the physical controls are not there since it's a smaller cam. The XF300 is the true replacement to the xha1.
    Okay, thank you. I think I'm on a C100. I'll just have to save up a little more then
    //Andreas Hejndorf - hejndorf-foto.dk

Selling my XH A1 + Røde NTG-2 + Kata CC-193 - PM for info, pics and price