Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Help! Multi-cam shoot in 24p. One camera was wrongly set to 30i.
    Hi folks,

Shot a multicam interview the other day with a GH2 and a few HMC40s. All the cameras were properly set to 24p, but I forgot to switch one over and it was set to 30i. I use FCP Studio 2. I've looked in compressor, but all the presets for ProRes I see say they draw from the source information. I figure this is a more daunting task, too, than merely throwing up a preset... So, how do I conform this one clip to match the other 3?

Thanks!!

EDIT:

Also, I'm running FCPS 2 on Lion and as such I'm running into that bug that prevents Cinema Tools from running... So if there's a work-around that doesn't involve cinema tools... that would be preferable. If Cinema Tools is the only solution, I suppose I could install Snow Leopard or Leopard onto a drive and swap out my boot drive. But let that be last case scenario.
    Last edited by jfein; 06-15-2013 at 10:57 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    purchase FCPX and edit the multicam in there. First, it's the BEST multicam editor out and second, FCPX will conform that 30i for you easily.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Uh yeah, nope. Can't afford to purchase other software. Anyone have a better solution?

4. Collapse Details
    Can anyone confirm that I can do this in Cinema Tools? I have a spare 500GB drive here, so I could go install Snow Leopard... I just don't want to know that I definitely can do what I need to do before in Cinema Tools before I go through the effort...

5. Collapse Details
    *BUMP*

Cany anyone please confirm if I can do this in Cinema Tools?

6. Collapse Details
    FCPX is a good option...

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Are you paying for it?

Why can't anyone give me a straight answer? I told you the tools I have. I'm not buying a new editing suite. How do I do this with FCP6?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jfein View Post
    Are you paying for it?

Why can't anyone give me a straight answer? I told you the tools I have. I'm not buying a new editing suite. How do I do this with FCP6?
    Because the best answer for your "ISSUE" is purchasing FCPX, which will do ON THE FLY conforming of your MISTAKE and give you the most powerful multicam editor available. Plus, you upgrade to a great NLE. At least download the fricken trial to get through your project!

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    That's clearly not the best answer. You're expecting me to believe that frame rate discrepancies are a brand new phenomenon and no one ever had to conform between discrepant frame rates before the release of Final Cut Pro X? That is absolute malarky.

Now if you aren't going to be helpful and explain how it's done with the tools I have, kindly bugger off and I'll find someone who isn't going to waste my bloody time.

If the whole world could afford to drop $300 at the drop of a hat, do you really think anyone would still be using a 7 year old NLE? Take the bloody silver spoon out of your mouth.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jfein View Post
    Malarky...bugger off...waste my bloody time...Take the bloody silver spoon out of your mouth.
    Since you used a spoon-based metaphor in your exacerbated response, I'll keep the theme going. You are asking to be spoon fed fixes to a problem you created. This is not what this forum is for.

You are not the only one who has ever screwed up a shoot. I would guess most have had an experience similar to yours, so stop acting like it's DEFCON-6 at DVXuser. Imagine you used this tone if you walked up to a colleague who took time out to answer your question; I'm guessing you wouldn't use those words just because it's not what you wanted to hear.

You describe a last case scenario, looks like that's you best bet, because I'd be surprised if anyone chimed into this thread.

Craig
    Craig Pickthorne
    Toronto, Canada

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast