1. Collapse Details
    Anyone use the DN60 Card recorder with an XH-A1s?
    I'm considering using the DN60 card recorder with my XH-A1s. I've heard good and bad things about it. Last thing I want to do is get in the field and have the thing junk out on me, so a few questions:

1) How easily does this thing mount onto the XH-A1s? The firewire connections on the XHA1s are notoriously flaky and break easily. Anyone had any long-term experiences using this recorder with the XH-A1s hardware? If someone has a photo they can share of how your rig looks with the Dn60 on baord, that'd be awesome.
    2) I've heard there are some quirks when using the DN60 with the XH-A1s as opposed to the older, original XH-A1. Can anyone confirm?
    3) Any problems with file capturing or file format with HDV from the DN60? I use Premiere 4.0, for what it's worth.
    4) On a more general note, what CF cards have you long-term users had the best success with when using the DN60?
    5) Any issues with the DN60 in extreme hot/cold environments?

Thanks in advance for your help/answers!

2. Collapse Details
    Not sure if you ever went ahead with this; but I use one on my XHA1s, it is really great not to have to deal with tapes. I use a Sandisk Extreme III 30 MB/s card, it works great. I generally convert the MT2 files to ProRes, there are several options, the least expensive is Mpeg stream clip. I have a camera bracket made by the BEC Group. This one is a bit pricey; but there are quite a few other options for mounting the DC60. It is very light. I treat the firewire connectors very carefully. We had one that had to be replaced shortly after purchasing years ago… plugged in a cable backwards. I highly recommend if you are shooting promotional films, or shorts. For performances, we just run a firewire line into our MacBook Pros. Holler if you or anyone else has questions!

Quote Originally Posted by jthabel View Post
    I'm considering using the DN60 card recorder with my XH-A1s. I've heard good and bad things about it. Last thing I want to do is get in the field and have the thing junk out on me, so a few questions:

1) How easily does this thing mount onto the XH-A1s? The firewire connections on the XHA1s are notoriously flaky and break easily. Anyone had any long-term experiences using this recorder with the XH-A1s hardware? If someone has a photo they can share of how your rig looks with the Dn60 on baord, that'd be awesome.
    2) I've heard there are some quirks when using the DN60 with the XH-A1s as opposed to the older, original XH-A1. Can anyone confirm?
    3) Any problems with file capturing or file format with HDV from the DN60? I use Premiere 4.0, for what it's worth.
    4) On a more general note, what CF cards have you long-term users had the best success with when using the DN60?
    5) Any issues with the DN60 in extreme hot/cold environments?

Thanks in advance for your help/answers!