1. Collapse Details
    A very short film using a Canon 7D w/Cinestyle & Graded w/Technicolor Color Assist
    A friend of mine is a poet and asked me to do a quick video of her the other day in the park. It was a very quick and dirty setup. Sound is from a Rode NT3 w/Rode Blimp into a Fostex FR2LE. Camera was a Canon 7D using the newest Technicolor Cinestyle profile. I'm a beta tester for Technicolor and as this project needed an ultra-fast turnaround, I graded in the new Color Assist software. It's not perfect by any means, but we turned around the whole video from shooting to going live online in 6 hours...not bad. Edited in Adobe Premiere CS6. Lens was a Canon 28-135mm IS USM (not my favorite, but we had to be quick), using 2x Nikon 4x ND filters (stacked).

Workflow.

Edited in Premiere - sent to Color Assist for quick grade (ruby slippers base-look), rendered out to prores422 - popped that into Resolve Lite for a quick secondary correction, exported to prores422, then sent to After Effects CS6 for a pass using Neat Video. This was shot at ISO 160 but the Cinestyle profile does seem to be a bit noisy. Sound got a quick edit in Audition CS6, some compression, dynamics, etc., a little EQ - nothing major.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by thisisapocalypse; 04-29-2013 at 09:38 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    To me it looked very overexposed - was it shot this way or was it graded this way, and was it intentional? It could perhaps do with some power masking or perhaps even a vignette centered around her face to balance the exposure a lot more. The blown out rock and the maxed-out green shrubs in particular steel attention away from the actor.
    VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
    Sony FS700 || Shogun Inferno
    Adobe CC 2018

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah seems overexposed to me too. For me it's a bit to saturated.
    Did you run this through Audition's noise reduction filter? That probably took out a little too much of your lower end (assuming mic placement was close enough) That or you EQ'd a little too much out. Sounds a little...not sure how to describe it...metallic/tin-y? for me. Try to boost the bass a bit maybe. Of course all this is opinion. To each his own.
    HVX200
    Libec LS38
    15" MacBook Pro i7 Quad-Core 8GB Ram
    24" Imac 2.9 Duo 4GB Ram
    Final Cut Studio
    Adobe Production Premium CS5.5
    http://www.mbowdenproductions.com

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I was going for a very saturated look with this one - I pushed it to be quite bright in the grading process, aiming for a bright look overall just short of clipping the highlights (I know they clipped a tad bit in the closeups, but I didn't find it to be too bad and this project had to be turned around quick on a non-budget, so I didn't kill myself over it). I think I'm finding that I tend to like stuff a bit brighter/saturated than most others. It was a very bright day and had to be shot at noon with the sun straight overhead, what I really should have had on me was a polarizer to take care of the rock closest to me, given how bright it is.

re: audio - on the wide shots the mic wasn't as close as I would have liked, so it is a bit thin, there's much more in the tighter shots -- just had to work with what I had, I eq-d out some of the low-end since it was a fairly windy day in order to get rid of a little rumble.