Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Seiki 50" 4K LED TV for $1,300
    Seiki 50" Class 2160p 120Hz LED HDTV - 3840 x 2160, 16:9, 120Hz, 5000:1 Native, 6.5ms, 3x HDMI, VGA

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7674736

2. Collapse Details
    Heh that was fast... and that price is excellent for a being one of the first or even being out so early.

3. Collapse Details
    Why would I want to watch 4K on a sh!tty Chinese knockoff, when I can buy a premium Panny Plasma for the same price, and have HD that looks a hundred times better?

haha.. Deal of the century right there...

4. Collapse Details
    Well, you don't know yet if it is good or bad. The cheap 27" IPS monitors from ebay are nothing to laugh at. This one could be great too. Or maybe not. We'll see.

5. Collapse Details
    4K is entering the crowds! my bet: in 3 years its like buying a FHD TV nowadays - affordable!

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    Well, you don't know yet if it is good or bad. The cheap 27" IPS monitors from ebay are nothing to laugh at. This one could be great too. Or maybe not. We'll see.
    Well, except that you take a risk of no dead pixels.

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanhuberfilms View Post
    4K is entering the crowds! my bet: in 3 years its like buying a FHD TV nowadays - affordable!
    And will probably be just like 3D is now...you almost can't get a TV that doesn't have it, but you never really use it.

When they do come down to typical pricing, how many people will still watch DVDs on it?

8. Collapse Details

• 3840 x 2160, 5000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
      • 4K Ultra-HD 120Hz HDTV
      • Remote Control with Batteries
      • One HDMI Cable
      • Three HDMI Ports
      • Tabletop Base
      • Instruction Manual
      • The HDTV supports component and HDMI sources at 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 4K2K 30Hz on the 50” screen.
      • 5000:1 Contrast Ratio
      Update 1: We had lots of fun today with this set. 4K and higher res Medium Format Photos look very good on the panel, as well as HD sources. Looks like a good inexpensive option for a UHDTV Computer Monitor. It is a basic panel, has inexpensive audio, two USB ports support playback of music and photos (Sorry, no video via USB). It has a scaler to fit height or width, and appears to give you back what you feed it... Garbage in/garbage out, etc.
      BIGGEST PERK: IT'S PORTABLE!! Yes, it's slim and light enough for 1 person to move around. So far, it is an absolute steal at $1299 for April 2013...
      You need to feed it an UHDTV signal over HDMI to get "4K" display of video. We have not had a chance to calibrate it yet, but it does look like a typical LED display, however with 4K resolution. Moving onto video display at UHDTV resolution next rounds...
      UPDATE 2. I attached the 3840x2160 at 30Hz setting photo with one of my favorite websites while showing the Prometheus landed (c) 20th Century Fox, in the center top. NOTE the DVD size in relation to the entire screen. 4 of those little rectangles is HD. Cheapest setup possible- AMD 7970 and single HDMI cable on WIndows XP... Who needs displayport or HDMI 2 or thuinderbolt, when HDMI 1.4a will do for film and photo editing today at this low cost?
      CONCLUSION: the SEIKI 50" SE50UY04 is a winner for lowest cost UHDTV Video/Computer Display in April 2013! A great achievement, and I strongly recommend an extended warranty with any new technology like this.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/d...i-50-se50uy04-
    GH4 , Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 ,Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 75 mm f/1.8 ED , 100-300mm F/4.0-5.6 OIS , Sony A7r , FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS , Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA ,Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA , Sony NEX-VG900, 28-70mm FE OSS, 15mm F2.8 , 24mm F1.4, 35mm F1.4, 50mm F1.4, 85mm F1.4

9. Collapse Details
    That sounds great!

I'd like to hear about colors, though...

10. Collapse Details

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast