Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I played with these for a minute at Hotrod camera, seem really promising- would love to try one out with a beauty dish.
    Hunter Hampton
    hunterismyfriend.com
    vimeo.com/hunter

2. Collapse Details
    looks promising, I like it.
    Dennis Hingsberg

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Caffesse View Post
    We had a color meter II with us on the show floor, and we clocked these lights as going from roughly 2700K up to 5500K.
    There was no green spike evident at all (0 on the CC reading all the way through).
    Luis, I just want to mention that LED's generally don't have a green spike. It's fluorescents that do. It's a gnarly bright green spike at 546nm due to the mercury in the fluorescent bulb.
    Jan vs Jim... I'm putting my $ on the Jersey Girl.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMurcerFan View Post
    Luis, I just want to mention that LED's generally don't have a green spike. It's fluorescents that do. It's a gnarly bright green spike at 546nm due to the mercury in the fluorescent bulb.
    LED's tend to have gaps in the spectrum and a blue spike. There are good high CRI leds out there though.

5. Collapse Details
    as interesting as the on camera p100 is, it's a stretch at that price point, twice as much as even the lite panels micro. seems they are pricing in accordance to frezzis, which i can't really see flying. if they don't notch that price to under 300 i don't imagine it'll move very well. the upper models seem competitive,
    C100 / Aerial Shooter/Editor - NY/NJ

My work, My equipment, My other whatnots...
    www.DarrenLevine.com

6. Collapse Details
    Hmmm. The price for a 3-light kit seems about 3 times what it should be. I have been thinking about ordering the following.. Anyone able to make the comparison? http://www.hdwarrior.co.uk/2013/09/1...reporters-kit/

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kwkeirstead View Post
    Hmmm. The price for a 3-light kit seems about 3 times what it should be. I have been thinking about ordering the following.. Anyone able to make the comparison? http://www.hdwarrior.co.uk/2013/09/1...reporters-kit/
    Completely different kind of product. 9 watt fixed daylight LED panel vs 90 watt single point source fresnel with variable focus and color temp. They are more comparable to the Light Panels Sola ENG.

8. Collapse Details
    I had the chance to do a quick visual side by side (non scientific nor recorded) of the P360 as compared to Lowel Pro Lights (250w) in regards to brightness. I've been waiting for an LED light that is the same size and has a similiar sized face diameter as the prolight. I was happy to find one that also has a very high CRI and was bicolor.

I found that at the same beam spread P360 outputs just about the same amount of lumens as the 250w pro light (maybe a little less), However, that was when the P360 was at 5600K. As expected, when you drop the color temperature to around 4100 there is a slight drop in brightness, when you go even further you see much bigger drop in brightness. I am also a little disappointing that the spot focus on the P360 is only by adding a filter in front of the light rather than having an adjustable lens built into the light.

My overall impression is that it's a good replacement in size and in punch to a prolight if you need something that is daylight balance...if it's worth it for the price, that's up to each to decide for themselves.

9. Collapse Details
    Just check these out and loved them. A big plus for me is all the Profoto light shapers I own will fit the larger light. Also the colour and brightness is just what I'm looking for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12