Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Nothing from Panny?
    I'm surprised Panasonic did not announce any type of cinema cameras. Just broadcast stuff and a sequel to the Varicam? That's it??
    No successor or direct competitor to the BMC or even a high end 4k cinema cam? I guess they feel the AF100 is good enough to compete for yet another year. What happened to the 4k modular design prototype they showed last year? Sure it wouldn't be in the same price ballpark but I'd still like to see SOMETHING from them. MAJORLY DISAPPOINTED.
    EDITING SYSTEMS:
    1) ADOBE CC Computer: Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Motherboard with i7 3.5hgz quad processor, 32gig Ram.
    2). ADOBE CC on HP notebook with i7 Processor, 6gig 4000 video card.
    3). EDIUS 5.5 on a 3.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4 GIG Ram.

2. Collapse Details
    Agreed. Super disappointed. At least expected an update on the 4k varicam from last NAB... did it die?

3. Collapse Details
    Some would consider the new Varicam a cinema camera... But other than that, no new large sensor cams were announced. 4K Varicam was shown and they said next year, IIRC.

4. Collapse Details
    No - LAST year was the year to be "surprised" and "majorly disappointed" when there was nothing.

This year is the year to just shake your head and roll your eyes.

(And some people here got their panties all in a MAJOR knot two years ago when I said Panasonic was going to be left in the dust BIG TIME, because they didn't seem nearly as committed to large-sensor digital filmmaking as Sony and Canon).
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I.N.A.T.E. - I.A.T.S.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    yeah, sorry, this is lame. A new entry like BMC can release a $4,000 s35 sensor 4K camera a year after their first entry... and it's been years from Panny and nothing? pssshh

I've loved their past cameras but they need to be releasing pretty much a camera a year at this point in the m43/s35/ff market...

disappointing, time to move on

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    yeah, sorry, this is lame. A new entry like BMC can release a $4,000 s35 sensor 4K camera a year after their first entry... and it's been years from Panny and nothing? pssshh

I've loved their past cameras but they need to be releasing pretty much a camera a year at this point in the m43/s35/ff market...

disappointing, time to move on
    Probably why Pana is out of the 4K game….there is no way they are going to try and compete with a $4K 4K camera….they will roll out a VariCam like
    4K camera next year and it will probably cost more than the Sony or RED 4K cameras….
    If Pana could build a 4K camera that had a global shutter, shoot 120 FPS 4K video and record to P2 cards - I would pay $8,000 for that...

7. Collapse Details
    I don't want 4k... I just want to know that they're going to continue to support m4/3 as a video format. My AF100 with the X lenses is perfect for bulk of what I do. Slap on an updated sensor and AVC-LongG and it becomes a hugely competitive camera. Not everyone needs/wants 4k and Raw, and trying to act like eveyone in the sub-$7k market does is a huge waste of time. At $8k, tack on 4k and P2 and it's still competitive.

If nothing else, not announcing that they're even planning another m4/3 camera is sort of shooting themselves in the foot, as it only helps their consumer division sell more m4/3 lenses.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Panasonic was showing a little non functional 4K camcorder prototype in their booth today. It had a fixed lens and a small (1/3" or 1/2") CMOS sensor design. It would record to SDHC cards and cost around $8,000 according to the sales rep on the floor. He also said it would be alive until next NAB, but he seemed interested in hearing what people wanted. When I told him all I wanted was a GH3 in a AF-100 body, he said that was literally the 200th time he had heard that today... it was only 10:30am Maybe they will listen?

9. Collapse Details
    Panasonic was busy releasing new camcorders, the HPX5000 and a new .... 2/3" Varicam.

10. Collapse Details
    Yes, utterly disappointing.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast