1. Collapse Details
    Simple question - AG-HMC40 HDMI Out
    Hello

Does the AG-HMC41 give a CLEAN CLEAN HDMI OUT.

I am going to recording via a MX02

Thank you all!!!!

2. Collapse Details
    Here's a relevant thread: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...084&viewfull=1

Also, HDMI out doesnt work in 720P mode - plugging in an HDMI cable flips the camera into 1080 mode.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post

Also, HDMI out doesnt work in 720P mode - plugging in an HDMI cable flips the camera into 1080 mode.
    thank you

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post

Graham, Just for my understanding on a more basic level (not recording via an MX02), connecting HMC40 to HD TV via HDMI cable to view recorded footage provides 720P as well as 1080i output to TV doesn't it?

Reason I ask is last summer I was experimenting with shooting sports events in 720 60P and also in 1080 30i and comparing results on HD TV via HDMI connection from HMC40. I just wanted to confirm when I thought I was viewing 720 60P I was viewing "native" 720 60P and not something somehow converted to 1080.

Dennis

5. Collapse Details
    Dennis, My comment about the 720P mode "flipping" to 1080 was refering to the camera when it is in record mode, i.e., when it is sending a live signal out to an external monitor for framing and focus.

I assume nothing funky like happens when the camera is in playback mode, although I have to say I've never actually played back any footage via the HMC40's HDMI.

6. Collapse Details
    Graham, thank you for feedback and a good way (Record vs Playback) to differentiate between my question and thread starter. In unlikely event HMC40 did something funky to 720P in Playback mode I don't think I would be able to spot it by just viewing 720 and 1080 footage on TV via HDMI. Dennis

7. Collapse Details
    Can the HMC40 record internally to 1080 24P or 30P when an external monitor or recorder is attached via HDMI?

8. Collapse Details
    Yes.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    thanks Barry

10. Collapse Details
    When I had my HMC40, I tried recording via HDMI to a Matrox MX02 Mini w/Max. Worked great. The Max feature improves rendering performance for AVCHD. Though with memory being so cheap and computer performance improving, monitoring or live-stream would be about the only reason to take a signal outside the cam. For sure, if you want to monitor from a TV, the MXO2 box is a good way to go.

G

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.