Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1. Collapse Details
    This is something very personal, and even project-dependent, ans the amount of camera motion will determine what is enough and what is not. There must be something on the list that you've used and can relate to...

Personally I've had complaints with cameras that I rated at >25ms, and I'm currently very happy in this respect (and many others) with my 16ms p4k.

---------------

General note: now that I've moved to resolve and I'm not paying for Adobe CC, I don't have the tools I used for measuring this anymore (I have standalone licences for LR but not for PS), so, I've received a couple of clips more but haven't been able to measure them yet. I told those people that at some point I'd borrow a laptop with Adobe CC just to make these measurements, but I'm super busy and can't see that happening in the near term (and yes, if there was a camera I was interested in, I'd make up the time to do that, but currently I'm not longing for any new cameras so I'm paying a lot less attention to this part of the world).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Pocket 6K numbers

Full 6K : 19.73ms
    5.7K crop : 16.26ms
    2.8K crop : 7.98ms
    Blackmagic Design

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

3. Collapse Details
    WOW, very similar to the p4k but with a bigger sensor with more resolution. Impressive!

(I rounded to single-digit because, even if your numbers are super accurate, the rest are not, and I don't want people to get a misleading sense of accuracy in the comparisons)

4. Collapse Details
    How many people can see 0.26ms difference?

5. Collapse Details
    I'm pleased and grateful that BlackMagic Design through CaptainHook is consistently releasing the rates for their cameras, and that fact alone may seal the deal in me picking up a Pocket PK 6k for fun and experimentation. It's something I wish all manufactures would do. It's great to be able to just drop those numbers in for operations like motion tracking without having to figure it out yourself.

Yes, .26ms doesn't seem like much, but let me put it in a real world VFX context; Imagine doing a constant speed 360 degree pan, one that takes a full minute to complete. I often do that to build an environment map on location (not that I've EVER forgot a still camera and my fish-eye and am forced to fake it with the video camera... ever ). The bottom line is a tracking point at the start of the pan will no longer line up with the same image feature at the end of the 360 degree pan even with rolling shutter compensation unless you have the rolling shutter measurement amount just right. So being able to put in 16.26ms vs 16ms is a real world useful thing.

Think of the frame rate/sound sync issue of 30fps vs 29.97 or 24 vs 23.976. Sure, you visually can't see the difference of 30fps vs 29.97, but try and sync up sound and see how quick that "tiny" difference is noticeable...

Just saying there's a place for precision, and I appreciate it when it's given to me.
    Jim Arthurs

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    There you go: my answer would have been "nobody", but dvxusers never disappoint, that's the one person whou coul see a 0.26ms difference XD

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Arthurs View Post
    I'm pleased and grateful that BlackMagic Design through CaptainHook is consistently releasing the rates for their cameras, and that fact alone may seal the deal in me picking up a Pocket PK 6k for fun and experimentation. It's something I wish all manufactures would do.
    Samuel maintains a good resource here that i think is useful and since i have access to the numbers it's relatively easy for me to post them and try contribute in some way. Glad some find it helpful, thanks!
    Blackmagic Design

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

8. Collapse Details
    And I thank your for that... particularly since I moved away from Adobe CC and don't have the tools to measure these things accurately anymore, which means I'm only adding the BlackMagic numbers to the table, thanks to you. As long as Sony keeps on bringing 8-bit cameras to the <$3k space, that's all I need, actually
    Can I say again how happy I am with my p4k? I'm VERY happy with my p4k

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425