Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks Alex i kinda Guessed that may have been the verdict on the BM Hyperdeck(as i assume with the atomos ninja, Odyssey7q and sound devices PIX 240i) all i'm trying to do is get as much data off the sensor so i have options in post and DCP headroom which is why i've been experimenting with the PP's to get as much DR out of the Scene as i could, this is the first pre-production test(lite grade) https://vimeo.com/74338910 Thanks again alex you've been very informative and if there are any other tricks and tips i'd greatly appreciate any Knowledge your willing to pass on

2. Collapse Details
    A lot has been made of the video capabilities of the Sony NEX-5N and rightfully...

3. Collapse Details
    So, i'm obviously doing something wrong here. First of all, in Premiere, there's no option to view as AVCHD. The only option I can select is "File directory", so that's the first problem. Secondly, if I go and try to just import the PRIVATE folder, the .MTS files do show up but none of them have any sound. Any clue as to what i'm doing wrong?

Also, i've tried using Sony's import tool which doesn't work? I don't like that it converts my file (they've come out glitchy - see here: http://cl.ly/XNg0) and for some reason or another, the audio sync gets really bad over the course of the (2 minute) clip even though i'm conforming the timeline to the clip settings.

I'm switching from FCP 7 + Canon 7D to Premiere + A7S and i'm having one hell of a time re-leaning basically everything i've ever known.
    Last edited by markinhifi; 09-04-2014 at 10:07 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markinhifi View Post
    So, i'm obviously doing something wrong here. First of all, in Premiere, there's no option to view as AVCHD. The only option I can select is "File directory", so that's the first problem. Secondly, if I go and try to just import the PRIVATE folder, the .MTS files do show up but none of them have any sound. Any clue as to what i'm doing wrong?

Also, i've tried using Sony's import tool which doesn't work? I don't like that it converts my file (they've come out glitchy - see here: http://cl.ly/XNg0) and for some reason or another, the audio sync gets really bad over the course of the (2 minute) clip even though i'm conforming the timeline to the clip settings.

I'm switching from FCP 7 + Canon 7D to Premiere + A7S and i'm having one hell of a time re-leaning basically everything i've ever known.
    First off, use XAVC-S, not AVCHD. You edit the MP4 files right away in Premiere. They're located at /private/mp4something/clips/, I think.

5. Collapse Details
    First of all, in Premiere, there's no option to view as AVCHD. The only option I can select is "File directory", so that's the first problem.
    If you copy the whole PRIVATE folder to your hard drive, and give it an appropriate name -- like "2 Dec" -- then in Premiere, in the Media Browser, navigate to "2 Dec" and select the "AVCHD" folder. Then you should be able to select "View As: AVCHD". (This is in CS6.)

Secondly, if I go and try to just import the PRIVATE folder, the .MTS files do show up but none of them have any sound. Any clue as to what i'm doing wrong?
    When you first import clips, Premiere spends some time -- potentially a LONG time -- conforming the audio to some internal format. During this period, if you play a clip, you get no sound. Wait a bit and it will appear.

6. Collapse Details
    Has anybody found a decent Software to automatically rename XAVC-S footage while ingesting? I hate hundreds of files with the same name C0001.MP4 on one disk. With the C100 came a small program that would rename the clips from an sd card or directly from the camera with date and the time of the shot. very handy.

I'm still a bit nervous taking the mp4 files out of the folder on the card as everybody was saying you shouldn't do it with AVCHD files (another reason i felt comfortable with Canon solution).

any suggestions (i do use a mac)? thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12