1. Collapse Details
    Why is my camera not shooting level?
    My original HMC150 had a problem in that the footage it recorded and illustrated on the LCD/viewfinder was crooked. It is like the lens is rotated 2-3 degrees. I just bought another HMC150 (preowned but with only 1 hour of usage) and it is doing the same thing. I am not crazy. I have leveled everything. I have even compared it with footage from another camera with is perfectly level. Is this a flaw with this camera? Can somebody send me a screen shot with the camera on a level table filming something to show its levelness.

2. Collapse Details
    I thought you established in your previous thread that the tilt was due to a defective OIS unit? It sounds like your second camera has the same problem.

- Greg

3. Collapse Details
    I just noticed my HMC 150 shooting uneven (not level) as well. The camera is on a tripod, OIS off. The image on the right side of the LCD seems warp, distorted, bent somehow. I see this when shooting at a wall with lines running horizontaly. Weird.

4. Collapse Details
    are you saying it is something else than barrel distortion? Does it happen at all focal lengths? Also, I have come across some defective bubble levels in the past (assuming you are using one), I suggest getting one with both vertical and horizontal bubble levels that attach to the hot shoe, and film another horizontal bubble level zoomed in, because some floors or walls are not perfectly level

5. Collapse Details
    I don't have another tripod with horizontal and vertical bubbles to test with...but the image on the lcd screen does seem "bent", warp somehow...very strange...

6. Collapse Details
    Post a picture?

7. Collapse Details
    Ah - you did, in the identical topic.