1. Collapse Details
    550d Anamorphic rig
    Hey y'all.

I've had an anamorphic lens lying around for a while and only just recently got round to completing the setup.
    It's a SUN 2x anamorphic with a redstan clamp on a helios 44m taking lens. I thought some of you would be interested to see so here's a lil pic

8481388229_76cc6db0c8_z.jpg

Here's some test footage I shot with the setup. I LOVE the flares this lens gives. My friend has a Proskar and that gives off nice flares, but very different. I look forward to using this on a project!

https://vimeo.com/58333810

Last edited by Andrew C; 02-17-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: add link

2. Collapse Details
    pretty killer looking footage. I always hated how with any 2x lens on my t2i it would be like so crazy wide. I finally got my hands on a 1.33x adapter but its minimum focus distance is pretty long. Now i need to find diopters for it. Anyways nice rig man

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by treynolds View Post
    pretty killer looking footage. I always hated how with any 2x lens on my t2i it would be like so crazy wide. I finally got my hands on a 1.33x adapter but its minimum focus distance is pretty long. Now i need to find diopters for it. Anyways nice rig man
    cheers mate. ah man i love the wideness! gives you so much space to play with, which is quite refreshing on an aps-c. what lens do you have now, does it give a nice image?

4. Collapse Details
    Its a century optics lens similar to this one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Century-Opti...item51a81b3295
    But in a screw mount. I believe its a 58mm thead. I was able to use it on a 35mm f/2 nikon and my 50mm f/1.8. On the 35mm it would focus nicely down at f/8 to about 3m. As i stopped down the minimum focus distance would get farther and farther away. I picked it up cheap off of craigslist from a guy who didn't know what he had. I have since upgraded to a nikon d600 and i haven't tried it on there yet but as a full frame it would probably work on the 50mm. Now you have me itching to play with it again. Possibly this week.