1. Collapse Details
    Help identify/find the movie (pushing mother down the stairs)
    Im trying to watch a movie I once saw, very long time ago, all I remembered was this scene where a young pretty blonde holds and then deliberately pushes her mother (i think) down the flight of stairs.

For some reason, that was a shocking scene to me...I cannot be 100% sure, but I'd say I'm 99% sure it was something from the 60s, and it certainly looked well made, like Hollywood production, so Im certain it wasnt some obscure B movie...

anyone got the idea what Im talking about?

2. Collapse Details
    Your question makes me think of Whatever happened to Baby Jane, but I don't think it's an exact match for your description.

3. Collapse Details
    B&W or Colour?

Any idea of period - ie 40's , 50's, 60's, 70's etc - that might give some pointers... contemporary or historical (ie set in the time frame of the movie or a Victorian melodrama)?

Just trting to make you recollect a bit more

I have a similar search for a movie. Saw it when I was 4 or 5. Don't know if it was B&W or colour (as i was watching on a B&W TV... it was the early 70's - it involved an actress (or singer) that struggles with addiction... and there's a tearful/sad ending as she dies after falling off the wagon. I have vague memories of a final scene with her ex husband standing next to a large fountain. But that's it

4. Collapse Details
    Color, definitely, somewhere in the 60s I would guess, the women actor seemed like a regular female star actor from the 60s...

5. Collapse Details
    IMDB has a special section for this on their message boards. I'm sure someone there knows.

The scene mimics or pays homage to Kiss of Death (1947), where a young Richard Widmark (a very underrated actor) ties his wheelchair bound mother to her chair with a cord and sends her down the stairs, laughing the whole time. This was paid homage to in Fade to Black.

6. Collapse Details
    My first thought was "Throw Momma From the Train." But that definitely isn't it. ;)

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
    Im trying to watch a movie I once saw, very long time ago, all I remembered was this scene where a young pretty blonde holds and then deliberately pushes her mother (i think) down the flight of stairs.
    Are you sure it isn't a he? If so, it might be The Omen.