Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    9 movie villains who were right.
    I'll never look at Lord of the Rings the same again.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18417...all-along.html
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

2. Collapse Details
    My theory has long been that the The Wizard of Oz merely depicts Glinda's plot to get rid of the other three bosses of Oz. Oddly convenient how she managed to get Dorothy to take care of WWE, WWW, and the Wizard in one fell swoop. At the beginning of the movie, power in Oz is shared between the four. At the end, who's the only one left standing?

LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

3. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    My theory has long been that the The Wizard of Oz merely depicts Glinda's plot to get rid of the other three bosses of Oz. Oddly convenient how she managed to get Dorothy to take care of WWE, WWW, and the Wizard in one fell swoop. At the beginning of the movie, power in Oz is shared between the four. At the end, who's the only one left standing?

I never did trust that Glinda.
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

4. Collapse Details
    Don't trust the pretty ones.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    Don't trust the pretty ones.
    Talking like a true gumshoe!

Definitely agree with Mr. Rooney in Ferris Bueller. Ferris was a bad influence, even if his character was a metaphor teen angst.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Pierce View Post
    Talking like a true gumshoe!

Definitely agree with Mr. Rooney in Ferris Bueller. Ferris was a bad influence, even if his character was a metaphor teen angst.
    I liked that movie.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

7. Collapse Details
    The movie is good. No denying that. As a teenager, Ferris is rather smart and seems intent on taking his adult life seriously, regardless of his character in the film. Mr. Rooney says himself in the film "What is so dangerous about a character like Ferris Bueller is he gives good kids bad ideas". Ferris is a senior, and he has achieved an idealistic personality among his peers. So in doing so, he is a fun unbiased person to hang around and gets the best out of you. But he is bad influence by conning other teenagers like himself into getting themselves in trouble on his behalf.

Not that I take Ferris Bueller the film seriously. It's a movie. Though I would have loved to be him at this point in time.

Last edited by Jimmy Pierce; 02-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Isn't there a whole theory that Cameron is the main character and Ferris is just in his head - a kind of alter ego, or a split personality. Essentially the whole movie is Fight Club in college.

Here that scene where he is talking to himself, alter ego, Ferris, or just plain crazy:

Not that I subscribe to that, but its a theory.

9. Collapse Details
    Simon, interesting theory but I think it's a bit of a stretch. May I suggest a fine beverage of hops or grapes or perhaps a partaketh of the fine herbs.

Ferris Bueller is still a classic and still fun to watch. It's just a good fun movie. Once a year kind of thing though.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

10. Collapse Details
    My whole take on Ferris was he was looking out for his friend.
    Of course Ferris could have been a good little drone and did what he was told to do however he talked his “on the edge” best friend into coming out to play since he was out of school that day as well.

We should all have friends like that IMO...

Was Ferris wrong for skipping school?
    Yes.
    Was he a good kid and better friend despite his school skipping?
    Yep...

Rooney was doing his job up and to the point it became personal.
    Rooney hated the fact that he had little control over Ferris and he used the skipping school thing as a pretext to put him in place once and for all.
    An UNPURE D800, Canon 7D | Dell M6500 - MSI GS70 | Windows 7 Pro 64bit - 8 Pro 64bit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast