Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NEW Instructional: 24p & Frame Rates HD Tutorial
    From the company which brought you Lighting for Film and Television, Sound for Film and Television, and the HVX BootCamp DVDs . . .

Over an hour of content demystifying 24p -- what it is, how to shoot it, the infamous "pulldown," edit and export . . . and also about frame rates in general -- how they work, why they look the way they do, what they do for you, and how to choose between them.

This is an HD download, not a DVD -- more information by clicking on the banner above.

Now for the pre-sale price of $10.99 -- will be $14.99 after release on February 19th!

This is a pretty comprehensive work, easily the definitive instructional on 24p -- if you're wondering if it covers something specific, it probably does, but ask away! (And if it doesn't, maybe we can still squeeze it in. )
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

2. Collapse Details
    Just paid. The Lighting DVD was excellent, found the Sound one was a bit overpriced but at $10.95 if there's one just useful tip in this one it will be worth it. I could sum up everything I know about 24fps in a couple of minutes so I figure there's going to be plenty new to me in here. Hoping it will cover all the things I've read but half-forgotten and would have to search through multiple books to find again. Be useful to have a single reference.

I assume it comprehensively covers everything I need to know about the speed of camera movement, subject movement, pan rates etc for smooth stutter free footage and the like? Notably something I want to be able to avoid is the stutter that memorably stood out to me in the Babylon 5 spaceship movements. I'm sure it was fine in 30fps but was almost unwatchable at times in 25fps PAL, something that obviously wasn't considered by the production.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the order! Yes, it definitely covers all that.

As for Babylon 5, I don't really know much about their production process, but IF the FX were rendered at 30p and then converted to 25p, it would cause a problem, and yes, we explain why.

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

4. Collapse Details
    Only a few more days left for the pre-order price -- get 24p & Frame Rates for $10.99 while you can!

5. Collapse Details
    24p & Frame Rates is uploading NOW -- if you'd like to get in on the pre-order price, now's the time.

6. Collapse Details
    Now available for immediate download! The pre-order price has ended, but you can still save -- get 24p & Frame Rates for the introductory price of $14.99 for a limited time! The regular price will be $17.99.

7. Collapse Details
    Added a stack of screenshots to the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/24pFrameRates/photos_stream

Excerpts reel coming soon!

8. Collapse Details
    I've received mine and can attest that it is good value for money. I'm mean what is it, takeout coffee budget for one day? Even if you already know most the information the demonstrations and examples are still useful. I think most of us amateurs tend to work predominantly within a single preferred workflow so when opportunities arise that require using techniques (like a different pulldown) it is handy to have an all-in-one-place reference where you can quickly find the information (indexed) together with reference examples if needed. Recommend for beginners and intermediates, if it stops you making one common mistake then at this price it's worth it.

9. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the review!

10. Collapse Details
    The intro price of $14.99 is coming to end soon! Get it now before the price goes up.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast