Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Johnston View Post
    FS + SB = Makes it wider and faster

Shoot some footy, post some grabs blown up 300% and tell us if....
    FS + SB = Makes it wider and faster and BLURRIER.
    I'm on a job right now where I've been shooting with the speedbooster with my speedbooster and a whole set of f2.8 zooms and generally things have been vety sharp, never notice any softness when checking focus at 4x expanded focus. Some shots have been on the nonspeedbooster adapter with my 18-250 and it is definitely softer than than my speedbooster stuff when looking at expanded focus, but that is not a particularly sharp lens and its almost always wide open since its so slow.

A little more internal vignetting than without speedbooster on the same lenses but that is more likely just because I'm seeing more image circle. Its been great to have f2.0 zooms since normally I stop down a little when I need to reduce flaring but jow I'm still shooting faster than f2.8 and getting the same flare protection.
    Noah Yuan-Vogel
    http://www.noahyv.com

2. Collapse Details
    Here's a quick screengrab I tested with my FS700, the speedbooster and a Canon 50mm f1.2L:

LINK (Can't embed, too large): http://i.imgur.com/UIq2BQu.jpg
    Business | motioncrafter.com
    Personal |
    stephentenuto.com

3. Collapse Details
    Another shot @ f1.2 with the speedbooster:
    5nzOP6T.jpg
    Business | motioncrafter.com
    Personal |
    stephentenuto.com

4. Collapse Details
    Lol

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    I was actually waiting for this specific post, and expecting to see it more and more often as people realize that most of the 1.4's are not going to be viable with the Speed Booster. That Zeiss 50/1.4 is already terribly soft wide open, I expect that the softness and/or coma is just amplified.

There aren't many 50/1.4's, and even less 35/1.4 and 25/1.4's, that are actually great wide open to begin with. And by great I mean sharp.
    I was worried about this as well, but after I saw Roger Cicala's MTF test with the Canon 50/1.2, which show a whopping 22 percent increas in mtf, and even more stopped down into reality (still wide, just not crazy wide), I am hopeful that some combos will for sure be awesome. Plus, m/43 may be even sweeter. I would even consider buying that lens, which is pricey, if these numbers hold up, but I'll try my $35 Rokkor first.
    HD Video: GH5, G85, ax700
    Microphones: Sennheiser MKH 80 MKH20 MKH40
    Neumann 11-pattern dual capsule main pair by Rens Heijnis
    Schoeps MK2, MK2H, MK21, MK41
    own design ribbon mics

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by seven.b View Post
    Another shot @ f1.2 with the speedbooster:
    Inner reflections??Innerreflections.jpg

7. Collapse Details
    Just a UFO, no biggie.
    HD Video: GH5, G85, ax700
    Microphones: Sennheiser MKH 80 MKH20 MKH40
    Neumann 11-pattern dual capsule main pair by Rens Heijnis
    Schoeps MK2, MK2H, MK21, MK41
    own design ribbon mics

8. Collapse Details
    How do you guys feel about using the speed booster with a Zeiss 21mm CP 2.9 prime EF. Im planning of adding the fs700 to the 5Dmarkiii that i already own. This new speed booster sounds like a great idea. extra stop of light and closer to 5Dmarkiii sensor sizing. Will this speed booster with a Zeiss lens be sharper now?

Thanks
    Chris

9. Collapse Details
    Any lens will be way sharper on the FS700+MB than a 5D3 when shooting video, especially wide shots (I have tested both setups). The 5D3 is a ~1620x910 camera vs. the FS700 (1920x1080). The FS700+MB with a Nanoflash looks excellent (422 100Mbit long GOP MPEG2) under challenging conditions (the internal 24Mbps AVCHD codec works well in most conditions). The 5D3 will get clean 422 out in April (resolution won't likely be increased, though (beyond doubling chroma)).

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs View Post
    Any lens will be way sharper on the FS700+MB than a 5D3 when shooting video, especially wide shots (I have tested both setups). The 5D3 is a ~1620x910 camera vs. the FS700 (1920x1080). The FS700+MB with a Nanoflash looks excellent (422 100Mbit long GOP MPEG2) under challenging conditions (the internal 24Mbps AVCHD codec works well in most conditions). The 5D3 will get clean 422 out in April (resolution won't likely be increased, though (beyond doubling chroma)).
    1620x910, does the 5D3 really has that much resolving power?

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast