Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvz View Post
    Now all we need are cell phones with interchangeable lens mounts, so they can make a 8x optical reducer and turn our cell phone cameras into full frame 35mm cameras that take full frame lenses

Unfortunately there may be an optical limitation to the amount you can reduce most lens's focal lengths...
    I hope not as I was just thinking about what we could do with medium format glass on m43.
    Don't Panic

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvz View Post
    Now all we need are cell phones with interchangeable lens mounts, so they can make a 8x optical reducer and turn our cell phone cameras into full frame 35mm cameras that take full frame lenses

Unfortunately there may be an optical limitation to the amount you can reduce most lens's focal lengths...
    Doesn't seem to preserve the spatial perspective of 35mm format, just the field of view of the lens design.

4. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    This is the best and most objective review.

Absolutely confirms some thoughts for me, and will be the one I point people to who are really interested in the details.

It looks like, unless you like the look of coma all in your frame, right now you have the ability to turn all of your soft wide open 1.4's into sharp "wide open" 2.0's (or somewhere in that neighborhood).

Not too shabby.

Really looking forward to seeing the MFT results.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

5. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    This is the best and most objective review.

Absolutely confirms some thoughts for me, and will be the one I point people to who are really interested in the details.

It looks like, unless you like the look of coma all in your frame, right now you have the ability to turn all of your soft wide open 1.4's into sharp "wide open" 2.0's (or somewhere in that neighborhood).

Not too shabby.

Really looking forward to seeing the MFT results.
    I was pretty skeptical before I read that. I still find the Alpa mount version pretty amusing.

6. Collapse Details
    Yup--a 22 percent jump in mtf in the center, which goes up even more when you stop the lens down a bit. Looks tasty. Anyone who own one of these things, please start keeping track of the best combos, so we can see if there is a pattern, obviously the very expensive Canon 50/F1.2 is super, and maybe the Sammy 24mm.
    Also if you have a medium format lens, try it out with an adapter just for kicks.
    HD Video: GH5, G85, ax700
    Microphones: Sennheiser MKH 80 MKH20 MKH40
    Neumann 11-pattern dual capsule main pair by Rens Heijnis
    Schoeps MK2, MK2H, MK21, MK41
    own design ribbon mics

7. Collapse Details
    I'm nearly decided: I'll get the Leica-R to NEX one. It's a relatively cheap way to get myself a very nice 25mm f/2.0 (out of my Elmarit-R 35mm f/2.8) and an even nicer 35mm f/1.0 (out of my Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4).

Now instead of changing lenses, I'll usually change adapters: 50mm+speedbooster for normal shots, 50mm+regularadapter for portraits.

8. Collapse Details
    Here's a question... This is designed for FF35 lenses, but can it in theory, without mechanical complications, accept an EF-S lens? I'm wondering if it will be possible to mount a EF-S lens, like the canon 17-55 f2.8, to the MFT when it comes out, or if there's an issue with the neck of the EF-S lens that hits something or the optics simply don't work with them.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-Guy View Post
    Here's a question... This is designed for FF35 lenses, but can it in theory, without mechanical complications, accept an EF-S lens? I'm wondering if it will be possible to mount a EF-S lens, like the canon 17-55 f2.8, to the MFT when it comes out, or if there's an issue with the neck of the EF-S lens that hits something or the optics simply don't work with them.
    I hadn't realized that: you're probably right!

The image circle of an EF-S crop lens will go from 1.6x to 2.25x, which is exactly what you need for the BMC m43. I don't see any reason for this not to work, except electronics: the m43 mount in the BMC is a dumb one, so Metabones will have to come out with an adaper that has the SpeedBooster optics and the electronics of the SmartAdapter (the adapter would need to have a power plug, and some buttons to control aperture).

With that, you could think of the BMC as an APS-C camera with a Canon mount: Tokina 11-16 f/2.8, Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS (or Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 non-VC), Samyang 85mm f/1.4, and you've got all your bases covered with great quality glass for a relatively modest price.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    I hadn't realized that: you're probably right!

The image circle of an EF-S crop lens will go from 1.6x to 2.25x, which is exactly what you need for the BMC m43. I don't see any reason for this not to work, except electronics: the m43 mount in the BMC is a dumb one, so Metabones will have to come out with an adaper that has the SpeedBooster optics and the electronics of the SmartAdapter (the adapter would need to have a power plug, and some buttons to control aperture).

With that, you could think of the BMC as an APS-C camera with a Canon mount: Tokina 11-16 f/2.8, Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS (or Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 non-VC), Samyang 85mm f/1.4, and you've got all your bases covered with great quality glass for a relatively modest price.
    A ISO 1600 native APS-C (S35) BMC camera ;)

If you used a Nikon adaptor like the novaflex, if I'm not mistaken, you could use G-type DX lenses, allowing apature control, including the nikon mount Tokina 11-16 :O
    Last edited by Ryan-Guy; 01-28-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast